PDA

View Full Version : Live chat added to website

PR Tech
01-12-2011, 06:16 AM
I just added LiveChatInc.com (http://www.livechatinc.com) to my website and so far I am happy with it. I am "trying" this service for 14 days before deciding to purchase or not. It was super easy to implement and I can even chat via my Droid when away from my desk. Now the leash is even shorter. Muwahahaha!

nXtGenPC
01-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I am thinking about doing the same, let us know how it turns out

totalPCTechs
01-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Check out livezilla it's free n very easy to install..I use it all the time and did alot of research before getting it

fixitdaz
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I just added LiveChatInc.com (http://www.livechatinc.com) to my website and so far I am happy with it. I am "trying" this service for 14 days before deciding to purchase or not. It was super easy to implement and I can even chat via my Droid when away from my desk. Now the leash is even shorter. Muwahahaha!

Just had a look at your site very nice website, But I am a bit disappointed theirs no one in the office to live chat with (joke)
Yes well imprest with you site.

TopLevelComp
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
The only problem I can see with this is how many customers are going to want to chat to try and get you to tell them how to fix their computers. I could see this as being a good tool for customers that are just checking up on their machine, but for sales or just answering questions, I'd prefer having the customer call me.

PCSupportGlasgow
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Check out livezilla it's free n very easy to install..I use it all the time and did alot of research before getting it

we used livezilla for atleast 3 generations of it. in the end was more hassle thsn was worth especially the webserver side of things. We now use zopim and have never looked back.

PR Tech
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
The only problem I can see with this is how many customers are going to want to chat to try and get you to tell them how to fix their computers. I could see this as being a good tool for customers that are just checking up on their machine, but for sales or just answering questions, I'd prefer having the customer call me.

This is very, very true TopLevelComp. I will need to keep tight control of what is offered up for support. In the past, what I have found is, that it usually leads to good, solid jobs that then turn into repeat customers. But there is no doubt that this chat tool will need to be handled a lot like some of the phone calls that come in. There will always be those looking to get free support when possible. Can't really blame 'em for trying though.

nXtGenPC
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM

I looked in to livezilla it is nice but i can't use it because
1) no Mac support
2) no iOS (or any mobile) support

TimJacobs
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Have y'all checked out Crafty Syntax? (http://craftysyntax.com) They have a mobile version too.... I haven't checked out the new 3.0 Version (I am doing that now)

LadeeJ
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Check out Comm100 Live. I have been using it for a couple of months. I love it and it has a lot of features. Im able to access it with my iphone if im away from my PC.

gazza
01-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Check out Comm100 Live. I have been using it for a couple of months. I love it and it has a lot of features. Im able to access it with my iphone if im away from my PC.

+1 great program and its free open source. I use it on my site for answering questions in realtime.

Chilli
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM

On your recommendation I tried this out and it's great. Open source, simple to set up and use. Perfect for what I needed.

rhinetech
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM

Beautiful! Thanks for this app!

dogskool
01-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Have y'all checked out Crafty Syntax? (http://craftysyntax.com) They have a mobile version too.... I haven't checked out the new 3.0 Version (I am doing that now)

Crafty Syntax is a great program both for the chat and a customer support management system.

And it can be installed through most cPanel's Fantasico feature.

Paul Rodgers
02-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Above post has been reported.

Xander
02-24-2011, 07:55 AM
...and their WOT scorecard has been updated.

Cambridge PC Support
02-24-2011, 11:19 AM
...and their WOT scorecard has been updated.

how kind! ;)

(filler filler)

4ycr
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
On the basis of this thread I just installed livezilla to trial it as I don't want the live chat when I am out of the office and with a client but I will keep the suggestions in mind in case things change.

GoHighVoltage
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM

I agree, I tried the livechat on my website, and I had more people bugging for free information, or for "just a question" type ordeals, that I took it off my website.

The livechat did not generate any quality business or leads. It was only an entry way for the low quality customers to try and get free instructions.

callthatgirl
06-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I just downloaded Zopim over the weekend, love it...but if you are not online all day or paying attention, you may miss a message. So far, they do get emailed to me online or offline. I love the stat tracking too, when someone is on my site, it shows them surfing around and what they are doing. I am not sure if I would ever say "hello" to someone surfing around (scare them away probably) but I will use it to track the pages they have been to and such.

Might buy up, still testing.

Hampden Comp
06-14-2011, 02:46 AM
I am also test driving Zopim, has some nice auto responder features. Check out my site in my sig and try it out. Mine is set up to play a door knock sound when someone checks into the website, then mooooo's when someone starts a live chat. The stats and IP info is handy...

kevinjhaag
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I am also test driving Zopim, has some nice auto responder features. Check out my site in my sig and try it out. Mine is set up to play a door knock sound when someone checks into the website, then mooooo's when someone starts a live chat. The stats and IP info is handy...

Don't see it on your website to just let you know.

Frick
06-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I use livehelp (by star develop). Its ok and has some nice features, but costs a bit of money now. I got my license 8 years ago for a different business so am using it again now. One thing I do like about it is that it has an iPhone app so I can be connected at all times.

I would give a link but dont have url privileges yet....google "live help stardevelop" and you will find it.

JakeFromScreenConnect
07-01-2011, 02:01 AM
We just use the Live Messenger web control on our site. It let's people anonymously chat with us through our existing Live Messenger. We made a popout tab from the right side of the screen. It'll only appear when Jeff is online. I know it doesn't have all the features of some of the others, but for a small organization that already uses messenger, it's great.

jdpetrov
07-02-2011, 12:41 AM
I've been thinking about adding live chat to my website, but I honestly don't know if I want to when my phone number is plastered all over the website right now. I'm 100% mobile business right now, so it's much easier to take a phone call while driving than having to text on a phone and drive, which is illegal in my state (not to mention fairly dangerous).

I want to make it VERY easy for my customers to reach me, but I can't coddle them 100%...they have to make the move to contact me regardless of the method used.

I'd love to hear how your deployment of live chat on your website works out.

nXtGenPC
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM

Livezilla is nice but its biggest hold back is it's not mobile, however Com100 is

A) Free
B) Has Mobile Apps
C) Works Well

rsarceno
07-11-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm using phpfreechat.net. You need to support PHP in order to work. It doesn't have all the bells and whistle but it has the very basic plus more. If you want to try it out http://chat.snc-llc.com. The only reason I set it up so my user doesn't have to setup a Google or Yahoo account. If no one is online open two browser with different nickname. No registration required

I'm only on when I'm in the office but it works even if I'm on the field

Roel
__________________________________________________ ______
Sarceno Network Consulting
http://www.snccomputerrepair.com/

Frick
06-27-2013, 05:08 AM
I would like introduce everyone to eAssistance pro live chat software . which is proving very good for my organization. you can get it from eassistancepro.com

Hmmm 3 total posts (4 with your profile) and they are all pushing your live chat software....

ComputerRepairTech
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
I use livezilla, I have tried many many many live chat solutions and always come back to livezilla.

Downsides to livezilla are lack of mobile support (they have plans to add it next version but who knows how reliable it will be). Another downside is that it requires a decent web host as any kind of connection problem with the server/database will cause livezilla to disconnect and their auto reconnect code has flaws...flaws which I attempted to point out to them but their staff are idiots. That being said if you have a reliable web host (i use knownhost) livezilla is a very very reliable solution. Oh one last downside...long urls in canned messages break formatting in overlay chat so make sure to change display links to say something short like "CLICK HERE".

Livezilla has way too many pros to list them all but the most important ones to me are:

1. Doesnt stop playing the audio until you answer so it would be difficult to miss a chat request.
2. You can set details rules for auto chat invites and messages. Sometimes if I have to do something I set livezilla to automatically send a message to any visitor that I am unavailable today from whatever time to whatever time.
3. Although this is not important I must admit the fact that I can push visitors to different websites without their approval has been quite entertaining. I like to send marketers to shutupwomangetonmyhorse website while they on the phone with me muhahaha....im so unprofessional.

Edit: darn you speedwise you got me to bump an old post!

Legacy
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
I have to agree, LiveZilla rocks.

I tried quite a few chat support software's but in the end went back to zilla, so easy to install and brand on my server and again to many pros to mention.

I now have a portable version on my stick for on the move.

:)

cshotline
03-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Try Live Helper Chat... It is free, opensource and comes with windows clients. We use it on our website CSHotline.com, If you need assistance installing on your domain let us know.. I can help you.

mason
03-30-2014, 10:25 AM
We use zopim.

the free version is ideal. Never looked back after that.

ComputerRepairTech
03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
We use zopim.

the free version is ideal. Never looked back after that.

If livezilla didnt exist I would probably be using zopim. The thing about zopim is they simply don't care about what works and what doesnt work if SSL is broken on the computer. It would be nice if you could make zopim work 100% without SSL working but I can understand them not making that a priority since only a very small portion of their clients would benefit from that. Since I do online computer repair I can't have a chat that doesnt work 100% if their date is wrong. Last I checked you can use the classic zopim and still be fine for the most part but I remember the newer version didnt even show the chat badge in chrome when SSL was broken.

allanc
03-30-2014, 09:40 PM
We had issues with LiveZilla several times but can't remember the specifics.
I threw in the towel the last time it had issues and switched to Comm100 which has been very solid.
I have never tried the mobile app.
I agree that most people who chat me are looking for free advice.
However, some chat sessions have converted to paid service or sale of product.
I also like the fact that Comm100 is not self-hosted whereas LiveZilla is.