PDA

View Full Version : Network Setup Per Computer?

TechnoKelvin
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I see services such as Firedog and Geek Squad charge per computer, after the original 2 are set up, if you would like to hook them up to the wireless network or make them secure.

How do you do it?

I mean, it's basically an increase of 50 dollars for each computer, and that's only for connecting it to the network. It's another 50 for computer to secure it as well.

A) Do you set up all computers/gadgets (Playstation 3, Xbox, etc.) for a BIG fee as it includes all those devices.
B) Do you set up all computers/gadgets (Playstation 3, Xbox, etc.) for a NORMAL fee because charging per device is anal.
C) Do you set up all computers/gadgets (Playstation 3, Xbox, etc.) for a SMALL increase per computer/gadget set up.
D) Do you set up all computers/gadgets (Playstation 3, Xbox, etc.) for a BIG increase per computer/gadget set up, like Firedog/Geek Squad, because it takes a lot of time/work to set up those extra devices

Thoughts?

MHCG
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I work by the hour, so no to all of your questions.

TechnoKelvin
04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Heh, forgot about that aspect as well. :p

MrMille
04-23-2008, 05:12 PM
How do you setup a 360 or xbox? bit OT, sorry.

acs
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I did an xbox 360 for someone a few months ago.
Just had a look on the microsoft web site before going and it was fairly similar to setting up any other wireless system.

As for mulitiply systems I just charge an hourly rate. For one customer I set up 5 pc , installed AV, updated ,installed small network and printer. If you get it right you can be doing various installs on 3 PC at the same time.
Took me around 3 hours so they were charged 25 for the first hour on site then 20 per hour.
They still ended up paying a lot less that our local big store charges for setting up 1 pc and network.

Blues
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I do hourly so it changes by time not device count.

geekhelp4u
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
since it requires an on site call, I charge $125 for 3 computers, 1 printer, and 1 gaming console. I then charge $20 per additional item, but usually, the 3 computers, 1 printer and a gaming console is all most people would have! Additionally, this does not include the router/s and network extender/s.