PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished or old laptops

ComputerLife
04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know anywhere to buy old refurbished or junked laptops? There is a huge market for cheap laptops in my area.

Thanks

MHCG
04-22-2008, 05:19 PM
In the city near me, Tucson, there is a non-profit computer recycling business (businesses can write off their old computers as tax deductible donations). They get a lot of computers in there, almost all desktops though.

http://www.computerecycling.org/

I picked up a box full of parts from them for $10 (video cards, case fans, cables etc)

ComputerLife
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Next time you stop by their warehouse can you do me a favor. Take a pen and paper with you, note down the prices and types of laptops they have. Maybe we can work something out. I've been selling used laptops like crazy here.

Thanks

MHCG
04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
What kind of prices are you buying them at and what are you selling them at? I'm not looking to move into that business at all, just curiousity.

ComputerLife
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Depends on what kind of shape they are in. Some are given to me. I'll buy a bunch for $30 or $40 each, sometimes $100 or $150 and fix them up, add memory and reload a new OS and sell them for $150 or $300 depending on what kind they are. I look for laptops that will resell high with a little bit of work.