PDA

View Full Version : Certifications & other credentials

PCERTtimh
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Good Morning Everone,

I would like to suggest an area of the forums to discuss certifications and other credentials (such as partnering programs).

Some Values Added if done:
** First hand experience - in holding certain types and giving advice to those looking into that particular certification

** Worth it or Not - some certifications are better for some professionals than others, having others comment would help in the guidance of others that are questioning the time/price/effort to get such certification

** Melting pot - I know their are some other forums out there just for this but having the ability to do just that here would be beneficial to all of us that appreciate the insight and talent that is contributed here already.

** Partnering - Although I know many major vendors of both software & hardware comapnies offer it, sometimes the answers you really just want to know aren't available without long wait times on the phone on numerous emails going back and forth between each party. Having the ability to talk to someone already enrolled in the program would be a great insight and opportunity to also become a part of that partner program.

What do you guys/gals think?

roborobs computer repair
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I believe this would help lots of technicians who are just starting or are looking to start in the computer business to know where they need to go. I personally would greatly benefit from a forum like this.

Eddie
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I was just about to start a thread on this. I think a specific forum to certifications would be of great benefit to the forum members.

tornadoalley
07-11-2011, 03:43 AM
im definitely for it, speaking for the newer techs out there. i have been going back and forth on the idea of certifications. how useful are they? which ones are worth getting? where would u get training? maybe even a rough draft of costs involved for those interested. ive read some threads on technibble about them, but having a forum dedicated to it would make it easier for us new guys to get the answers we are looking for a little easier, and maybe a more in depth answer to our questions as well

rsarceno
07-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Sounds like a good idea setting up cert discussion.. You might want to check two popular forums. sadikhov.com and certcollection.com. Most people in certcollection comes from sadikhov. They decided to setup there own forum because sadikhov change policy. Sadikhov forum help me pass my CCIE written after two test.

Roel
__________________________________________________ ______
Sarceno Network Consulting
http://www.snccomputerrepair.com/