PDA

View Full Version : Threads Read

NeutronTech
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I normally click on 'New Posts' to read anything new on the forums. Lately When I click on New Posts the list is somewhat short and threads that I obviously haven't read yet come up as 'read'. I find that a thread indicating that nothing new has been posted causes me to miss several posts. Is there any way to change these settings on my end so that threads with unread posts continue to show as such?

Both my laptop and my office computer indicate that the same threads have been read/unread, leading me to believe this is a forum issue versus something on my end.

BryanVest
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I normally click on 'New Posts' to read anything new on the forums. Lately When I click on New Posts the list is somewhat short and threads that I obviously haven't read yet come up as 'read'. I find that a thread indicating that nothing new has been posted causes me to miss several posts. Is there any way to change these settings on my end so that threads with unread posts continue to show as such?

Both my laptop and my office computer indicate that the same threads have been read/unread, leading me to believe this is a forum issue versus something on my end.

I have the opposite a lot where threads I have read show up as unread even though I read all the way through every post.

NeutronTech
01-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I have the opposite a lot where threads I have read show up as unread even though I read all the way through every post.

Yeah, I get that too sometimes. Or I will post and it shows up as unread to me......... I JUST WROTE IT :eek:

When I experience the problem I stated earlier, it's like every thread before say 8am today is marked completely read. So, anything posted since I went to bed last night and 8am this morning, I don't notice because they aren't marked new, even though it is new.

The problem you stated, I get that randomly throughout the day.

Xander
01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I work out of "New Posts", too but, if I read a thread and take a while to do so and then click "New Posts" at the top to go back+refresh... they're all still there. Because of this, I tend to think of "new posts" as "active threads" instead, which helps my sanity :)