PDA

View Full Version : Pavilion dv2000 SATA driver for XP ?

twistedpear
04-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Has ANYONE been able to get a dv2000 to run in XP with SATA enabled ? The Vista driver provided by HP does not work. Any thoughts would be great.
Incidentally... Im wondering if it makes any real difference. Im dual booting... maybe I'll run Sandra with and without SATA. Any body done this as well ?

Keith

JohnG
04-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Assuming this is an Intel chipset, since on Nvidia chipset laptops you don't need a sata driver, only Intel chip laptops or Nvidia desktops with RAID enabled require a driver. Use an XP install disc with SP2 included, and don't have any peripherals hooked up, including USB mouse. Update as normal through Windows, with the exception of SP3 since the drivers were written for SP2. Hope this helps.

twistedpear
04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
This is an intel chipset. And, although I "can" disable SATA in the bios and the machine installs/runs fine in XP, Im just wondering if Im losing performance by disabling it. It irritates me that there is a Vista driver, and no XP support. :)

Keith

JohnG
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I feel your pain bro...you will lose performance with SATA disabled, but very little, if noticeable at all.