PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what's wrong with Zone Alarm's server?

bytebuster
12-31-2010, 05:29 PM
My copy of Zone Alarm has been bugging me that it supposedly can't find Zone Labs's servers for about a week and a half. I think the last time it successfully updated was December 21 or something. ZA seems to still be working ok, and I haven't noticed any unusual activity with my PC to suggest that I picked up a drive by rogue, but it won't connect to the server. It keeps saying "server not found". Is it a problem with ZL, or am I gonna have to reformat everything to kill a malware prog?

Knightsman
01-01-2011, 01:52 AM
I love Zone Alarm but its issues like these that keep me from installing it on EU computers :(

wimwauters
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi Bytebuster, I had a similar problem at end of november. Their online tech support recommended a complete removal using http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe then download and install of most current version, even if you are up to date already. It solved the problem on my 3 pcs. Remember to record your registration details :D

I last had my time wasted by ZoneAlarm back in 2003. If you value your time, I'd recommend you do the same.