PDA

View Full Version : 5 FREE Ashampoo programs

sys-eng
12-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Ashampoo programs have a reputation for being good. They are simple in task (they do one thing well) and simple in design (they are straight forward so "PC challenged" users like them). I have installed the CD/DVD Burning Studio on several PC's for people who cannot figure out Roxio and Nero and they love it. I have personal experience with a few of their programs such as their firewall, openoffice suite, and WinOptimizer. I have never heard of their programs containing any type of malware which seems very rare for free software these days.

http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/lpa/christmasgift?c=XMAS-2010

Ashampoo® Burning Studio 2010 Advanced
The complete suite for burning projects on CD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc!

Ashampoo® Home Designer
Plan or renovate your home in 3D

Ashampoo® Snap 3
Capture anything on your screen – including videos

Ashampoo® WinOptimizer 6
Built with 12 years of Windows optimization experience

Ashampoo® Photo Commander 7
3D Acceleration, Panoramas and Virtual Albums

J-Bob
12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Sorry, but Ashampoo is the reason I ditched my Yahoo email address.
After registering one of their products I was bombarded by spam (100+ a day) from Ashampoo.
Hopefully they've "fixed" this issue by now.
But they have forever lost my trust.

sys-eng
02-24-2011, 05:09 AM
I do recieve an e-mail message every few days from Ashampoo but nothing like 100 per day. That sounds like a glitch in their mail distributor.

I use Outlook so I just added their domain to the junk filter so they are not is my Inbox.

TopLevelComp
02-24-2011, 06:36 AM
As they really as big as they say they are? Their numbers for installations and customers seems really inflated.

PR Tech
02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
I recently signed up for a 15-Day trial of Ashapmoo's Winoptimizer to see if this was something that could be potentially added to the chest 'o tools on my USB drive. I was disappointed with the program for multiple reasons, so I installed it. It left bits of itself all over the place. My browser was hijacked and I started to receive multiple e-mailers from them. The subscribe link was a pill. I have rarely been so frustrated with a program. Rant = done.