PDA

View Full Version : *HOW* Do You Charge For Web Hosting?

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Do you have an automated billing system?

I'm pissed because when I switched web hosts (I'm a reseller who needed Windows Hosting so I could use DNN) I went from Helm (Which had a built in charging system) to Plesk (Which doesn't, sadly).

I'm about to start hosting my first web design client soon and I need to know if for starting out is the best way to go PayPal subscription? I know not all customers will like this but, from what I've seen, it's the cheapest solution currently out there.

Thanks!

Andyuk2007
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm interested in how you go about starting one, i've got a vps and at the moment people just pm me if they want hosting via word of mouth. I dont know how to set up so that the vps emails the new account holder the account details e.t.c

I know how to set up packages e.t.c

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I have all my hosting set up and everything but I'm lacking the ability to charge my customers.

ComputerLife
04-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Personally I wrote my own billing system to handle pretty much everything. But if you need something quick, I have experience using ClientExec and it works pretty good.

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Personally I wrote my own billing system to handle pretty much everything. But if you need something quick, I have experience using ClientExec and it works pretty good.

Wow. This looks really good. I'm looking into it.

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 06:47 PM
So Client Exec allows me various ways to charge people. Am I to understand a big function of this program is to manage everything as well?

If I make a new client I can still choose paypal as the method of payment but with this program I can manage invoices, customers, etc. in a nice manner?

It has credit card as an option for payment and a place to store the information but isn't there a 3rd party that would process this or will Client Exce process it for me if I include the information?

What i'm worried about is if I have to add the client, they don't sign up themselves, I don't want to take their credit card information. I want them to be able to input it and I set up everything else.

ComputerLife
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes it manages everything. I'm not sure if it integrates into paypal. But you can set it to manual bill and take payments via paypal.

Your merchant account actually bills the credit card but clientexec passes all the billing to it. When an account is due, clientexec charges the card via your merchant.

You can add a client and have them login to update their billing info.

Another thing with clientexec is their support is superb. Very quick at responding.

It will also integrate into most webhost control panels to auto setup/disable accounts.

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 07:39 PM
If this ends up being what I'm looking for (It sounds like it is) if you can get me a referral link or your username there, PM me, I'll be glad to say you sent me.

I know some sites give you discounts and whatnot for referrals.

focuz
04-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm using whoiscart, its not to feature packed but it does what I want and its all personal preference. Plus whoiscart is only $35 for an owned license instead of $200.

ComputerLife
04-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I believe you can lease it for $15.95 a month which is not bad if you want to test it out first.

I'm not a reseller for them but I have setup many clients with it.

Just go to clientexec.com

I just read their site and it does look like it integrates into paypal.