PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions Hope someone can help

John_A
04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi my name is John And I have been reading the posts here for a few weeks now and here are 2 questions I have First one I see alot of people talking of having polo shirts with your logo on them is there any good sites you recommend to have this done also Along the same lines I was wanting to make a few signs to post on the side of the road Any good sites for those? Thank you and I am sure I'll have more questions as my time here goes on

MHCG
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I would recommend against buying your shirt embroidery through an online website unless you have the image file you're using already digitized for their embroidery machines. If you have your embroidery done locally, they will provide you with samples of the work before they sew it on the final product. If you don't like it they can tweak it to your specifications. You probably won't save much doing it through online either and IMO it's worth the little bit of extra cost to get it done right. It is your brand after all.

I had my embroidery shop make 3 revisions to mine before I gave my final approval.

syst3merror
04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
check around your town and see if there are anyone local that does them and if not check around online. Do a search for "vinyl decals" "coroplast yard signs" or "vinyl banners" and I'm sure you'll find someone that can do them. As for shirts, I found someone in my town locally that does them for me. I think it costs me around $5 or $6 for the shirt to be done if I provide the shirt. (I think they cut me a deal because I have done so much work for them in the past.

I use to own my own sign shop and still have the supplies and tools so I make all my own signs and decals.

MHCG
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't be surprised if the shirt shop charges you a setup or digitizing fee for your embroidery by the way. It's a one time fee and it's pretty common because they have to spend some time converting your image file into something that the embroidery machines understand. My shirts cost $10 per embroidery if I provide the shirt.

John_A
04-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Alright cool i had thought about doing it local but wasnt sure Trying to get stuff set to get things off the ground already got the business card etc just need some all time advertisment :D

syst3merror
04-15-2008, 12:39 AM
I normally always try to go with local merchants because if I go local, then they might too. If I go through the lady down the street to make shirts for a "computer repair company" then when her computer needs repaired, I would hope she would look up her customer files and find the order for the "computer repair company" and give me a call. :)

MHCG
04-15-2008, 01:45 AM
I normally always try to go with local merchants because if I go local, then they might too. If I go through the lady down the street to make shirts for a "computer repair company" then when her computer needs repaired, I would hope she would look up her customer files and find the order for the "computer repair company" and give me a call. :)

So true. Tonight I stopped at the shop of the guy that did the vinyl graphics for my car and I got a job for a complete network installation, file server, website design, hard wiring CAT 6, security system and monthly maintenance contract. That $150 was very well spent in my estimation.

Remember, every person you meet is a potential customer.

gadz00ks1
04-15-2008, 02:20 AM
So true. Tonight I stopped at the shop of the guy that did the vinyl graphics for my car and I got a job for a complete network installation, file server, website design, hard wiring CAT 6, security system and monthly maintenance contract. That $150 was very well spent in my estimation.

Remember, every person you meet is a potential customer.

Thats to some advertising. What kind of security system did you provide the client with?

MHCG
04-15-2008, 02:46 AM
They already bought a system. After they bought it, they realized that they had no idea how to install it. What they bought isn't actually a security system per se, it's a camera system to monitor the employees during the workday.

I'l be wiring up 4 new electrical outlets for the cameras, installing the DVR card into their computer and setting up their new router, that I'll be buying for them as part of the job, to allow them to access the video from their home office. I just realized I've got to check with the city to see if they require a permit to run the new electrical outlets.

gadz00ks1
04-15-2008, 03:53 AM
They already bought a system. After they bought it, they realized that they had no idea how to install it. What they bought isn't actually a security system per se, it's a camera system to monitor the employees during the workday.

I'l be wiring up 4 new electrical outlets for the cameras, installing the DVR card into their computer and setting up their new router, that I'll be buying for them as part of the job, to allow them to access the video from their home office. I just realized I've got to check with the city to see if they require a permit to run the new electrical outlets.

Ive just finished a DV-Recoder camera system installation at my job.

You've really got some diverse experience there with the electrical outlets. what kind of router are you going with?

MHCG
04-15-2008, 05:09 AM
Ive just finished a DV-Recoder camera system installation at my job.

You've really got some diverse experience there with the electrical outlets. what kind of router are you going with?

I've done a bit of everything from installing home wiring to C Band satellite relay stations to 150kva UPS with 200K generators to frequency converter motor generators to Perkin-Elmer/Concurrent mainframes.

I don't know what I'll use specifically for their network yet. I may end up keeping their current router and just add a good gigabit switch because their file transfers are 99% within their internal network. I'm just doing the research right now. I've got a meeting tomorrow night to better collect a list of their requirements then a meeting next week sometime where I'll give them my solution.

I've got to figure out how this DVR system they bought works. It has 4 cheapo wireless cameras with a base station that they transmit to. Then it goes out RCA connector and converts to BNC connectors that they plug into a PCI card in their computer. I'm scared to see what the software looks like, it came on a burned CD-R with no label.