PDA

View Full Version : Terms & Conditions, Terms of Service, Contracts?

TechnoKelvin
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey all, I'm new to the forums and let me say what a dream this site is. I always hoping there would be a place like this on the web (A place for people starting a computer business) and am so glad I found it! I was looking for computer legal forms and stumbled across this site.

My question is about legal forms, what's the difference and what's needed?

I plan to offer the following services:

Computer Repair/Networking/All the services Firedog/Geeksquad offers at a non insane prices
Web Design/Graphic Design / Flash
Web Hosting

Now I have an Acceptable Use Policy (Free from this site that creates it for you (PM me for it if you really want it as I do not have enough posts to add links)) for the Web Hosting aspect.

What's the difference in Terms and Services, Terms and Conditions and the information a contract would contain that you would make a client sign before performing ANY of the tasks listed above? Do I need all 3 or just one or what?

I tried looking up for more information but I'm still lost. :confused:

I know this site provides one at an excellent price, if I buy it will it be all I need to buy in regards to legal forms for what I plan to provide? Or will this package better fit me? (The package can be found at the first link in Google if you search for "hostlegal")

Thanks for the help!

Nathan H
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
From my experience the difference between terms of service, & terms & conditions, is where you live, they ar both the same.

Have you downloaded the computer business kit from this site.

it has a template for everything you want.

Its wrote in Ozzy Speak but its easy to adapt them, i did it for the UK.

focuz
04-16-2008, 01:22 AM
I have three documents for my webhosting site, "terms of service" "acceptable use policy" and " privacy policy". All of them are self explanatory you can copy mine if you wish for your own use at ajackshosting.com (http://ajackshosting.com)

As far as the difference between terms of service and terms and conditions I see them both as the same.

TechnoKelvin
04-16-2008, 04:18 AM
I have three documents for my webhosting site, "terms of service" "acceptable use policy" and " privacy policy". All of them are self explanatory you can copy mine if you wish for your own use at ajackshosting.com (http://ajackshosting.com)

As far as the difference between terms of service and terms and conditions I see them both as the same.

Thanks for the offer. :)

Very nice site by the way, mind if I ask how you did the main picture? Is it an image with an image map for the buttons (links)?

TechnoKelvin
04-16-2008, 04:20 AM
From my experience the difference between terms of service, & terms & conditions, is where you live, they ar both the same.

Have you downloaded the computer business kit from this site.

it has a template for everything you want.

Its wrote in Ozzy Speak but its easy to adapt them, i did it for the UK.

Yup, just bought it today as I'm doing a Data Recovery job tomorrow. Modified to my company and it looks wonderful. What an amazing kit. :D

I was just making sure all I need for web design, web hosting and computer repairs was this kit.

With this kit and the advice in this and my other similar threads has got me doing in the right direction. ;)

focuz
04-17-2008, 02:51 AM
The nav images are all separate. I wanted the roll over effect. (tip you wont see the roll over unless your security settings are low enough to run the javascript)