PDA

View Full Version : Key Words

generalj
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone know good keywords for driving search results to your web page.

I use

computer repair (city, state)
computer service
computer consulting
computer help

Any other ones that seem to work well for anyone?

Nathan H
04-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I also use The same but with the addition of:
Upgrade
Upgrade
pcrepair
pcrepairs
laptop
laptoprepair
laptoprepairs
laptopupgrades.

The Idea is I catch a few typo's and as we know not everyone is good at spelling or they don't know how to use spell check

Dr Edison
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
We are listed on our local Yahoo & Google Maps for computer repair in our town. Started paying a SEO local search $79 a month for top listings which is getting us on top of search. Only thing -we're not getting calls from any of our online listings!

Do people not look for computer repair online? We get most of our clients from flyers around town. I put them out daily so we we get alot of calls from them. I am kinda confused as to why we aren't getting calls from online local listings:confused:

Any advice?

Thanks

TheUrge
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Offtopic, but I'm curious - where do you normally distribute your flyers at Dr Edison?

Dr Edison
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM
We put them up on poles through out the town. Neighborhoods & downtown.

You aren't supposed to do this but everyone does it anyway. It's a college town so flyers rule here! People love knowing about different services available to them locally & they walk alot here-many little gourmet stores & eating outside, so they like browsing the flyers.

I just wanted to double sales by other means of advertising & the best way we've got most of our clients is flyers. I want to get some online but seems they aren't looking there for computer repair as far as our experience.

tartis
04-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I got rid of my att yellowpages.com ad and went back to the FREE version. Most of my calls come from the actual AT&T yellow pages.

Nathan H
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
We are listed on our local Yahoo & Google Maps for computer repair in our town. Started paying a SEO local search $79 a month for top listings which is getting us on top of search. Only thing -we're not getting calls from any of our online listings!

Do people not look for computer repair online? We get most of our clients from flyers around town. I put them out daily so we we get alot of calls from them. I am kinda confused as to why we aren't getting calls from online local listings

This may have a simple explanation.

If a computer is broke it usually means a home user can't get online, therefore they won't be looking for you, I know this is true in the uk.

I get calls from customers who see my ad in the Yellow pages.

I do get a few from the web. but mostly the web produces business or proactive customers only.