PDA

View Full Version : Avg Antivirus False Positive?

brwn8484
04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Just signed up for this Forum. Downloaded Computer Repair Utility Kit.

Everything looking good till this morning and AVG Antivirus is flagging the Computer repair Utility Kit software/files as Trojan Horse "trojan PSW.Generic6.DNL" Any one else seeing this?

Is it real or a false positive?

Any help would be appreciated?
Edit/Delete Message

Andy-Always
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
There are no viruses in that kit..... Trend micro deletes half of what's on my memory stick if I don't disable it brfore plugging the stick in and that has similar apps on it..

It may be the keychanger that's causing the trouble.

Nothing to worry about :cool:

Blues
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
We have been over this before I believe magicjellybean is flagged as a virus but it aint.

focuz
04-11-2008, 12:35 AM
blues hit the sweet spot. Thats exactly the problem.

thor999
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Find target file and check it with Clamwin, I get a lot of false positives with AVG, still a great prog for the price!

brm5017
09-29-2008, 09:06 PM
To keep AVG from deleting files from your Utility Kit, add an exception to your AVG Resident Shield. This will keep an entire folder 'hidden' from AVG scans.

-> Tools
----> Advanced Settings
--------> Resident Shield
-----------> Exceptions
-------------->Add Path

Skyhooker
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I switched to Avast after all of the false positives I was getting on my own machine when AVG 8 came out. No problems since, though if you go with Avast I recommend registering the free version right away - I've heard of big system slowdowns and other problems once the registration reminders start showing up.

gunslinger
09-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Avast and AVG give the most false positives of any av programs I have seen. I have been installing Clamwin on customers PCs. I use Kaspersky on my personal systems. I also don't like that Avast and AVG will at times delete files off of my flash drive without giving me options.