PDA

View Full Version : Alright! My first Commodore 64 related repair!

Joe The PC Doc
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I actually came across a potential customer yesterday who needs help with a Commodore 64 issue.

Basically, he uses his C 64 for a specific purpose, he has a program, on cartridge, he runs on occasion for use in his business. He's a barber/hairstylist, and this program helps determine what mixture of hair colors to use to go from color A to color B. Clever little proggie, it was developed by the hair color manufacturer.

The problem is, he's never found another program like it, and he would like to keep using it on a newer PC... I thought of recommending an emulator, but I would like some advice on where i might be able to find a cart reader to copy the program for him (i've never looked into things like this before). Anybody have any ideas?

lazzo71
04-09-2008, 04:05 AM
I Googled it and found http://www.zzap64.co.uk/c64/c64emulators.html
This might get you going in the right direction.
Then get him to fill the keyboard up with sand and use it as a door stop!!!!

Joe The PC Doc
04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the link Lazzo, I'm sure the forum there will provide some answers for me...

You know something, it was refreshing to use a Commodore again, brought back alot of nostalgia... and talk about fast! When's the last time you had a computer booted completely withing a second of turning it on? that 64k goes a long way, today's PC manufacturer's should take note! ;)

Trouble-Shooter
04-11-2008, 02:30 AM
That is awesome. I haven't fiddled with one of those in a while. I have been trying to OC a Pentium I laptop just for grins lately.