PDA

View Full Version : Which next generation console are you going to buy?

Bryce W
06-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Which next generation console are you going to buy, or have brought?

The XBox360, The PS3 or the Nintendo Wii?

Personally the Xbox and the PS3 dont interest me, however the Wii is looking to be very interesting.

It seems they are focusing on gameplay rather than the graphics which is just what I want. Too many games now days are just eye candy with no substance.

I can definatly see myself buying a Wii to use when I am drunk with some friends playing a Mario Party-ish game. What about you guys?

Jura
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
I want something innovative, yet down to earth. I'm not interested in any of them. I'll likely get the one with the most cliche traditional anime RPGs.

Bryce W
06-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I want something innovative, yet down to earth. I'm not interested in any of them. I'll likely get the one with the most cliche traditional anime RPGs.
In the past, typically the Playstations carried the anime titles so you'll probably end up with that, however its very possible that we'll see a change in the wind and see the Wii take over that market.

Although we see the Wii carrying the Mario related games currently which I dont consider anime. Nintendo did carry Pokemon which obviously IS an anime so it could happen...

TheUnknownOne
06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Well I work at GameStop so I see all sides of the story and hear debates of all sides. It's quite annoying actually. From what I myself have seen/heard the PS3 is gonna put out the best graphics, the Xbox 360 doesn't really have much going for it besides early release...and ******* Halo fanboys. The Wii actually proves to be interesting with the whole motion controller thing (Google for Red Steel, it is going to be putting it to a lot of use) and the fact that you can play the old school games. Plus the Wii is going to be the cheapest, Projected to hit market at about $250

Jura
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I enjoy the endless praise certain people give the Wii controller in the game industry. I can't wait to see the lack of games that use it in fancy new ways after the first gen games are released.

Also can't wait to see what the serect button does on the PS3 controller.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Laharl411/P1010136.jpg

So far there are only a couple games on the PS3 that I'm interested in. Like I expected, they're from Sega.

Bryce W
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I hope that the Wiis controller is actually accurate. With most VR things in the past such as headsets, gloves, guns etc.. they were never accurate with tracking your movements correctly which always pissed me off. Anyway, we'll see.

Stealth
06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I hope that the Wiis controller is actually accurate. With most VR things in the past such as headsets, gloves, guns etc.. they were never accurate with tracking your movements correctly which always pissed me off. Anyway, we'll see.

If you want a VR controller that actually works, look for TrackIR (3 or 4) - very popular among flightsimmers, has six degrees of freedom... just look it up.

Foxy
06-23-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm planning on getting the Wii, because it looks so... spiffy. I mean, it's tiny and everything!

That and the movements needed to play the games can double as exercise for my upper body. :D

illusion
06-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I am probably leaning more towards the PS3, although I probably won't get one at all. My brother is a hardcore PS3 fan so it looks like he will be purchasing one, just wait till he does

dk564
10-09-2011, 11:55 PM
PS3- graphics tank on the wii

FoolishTech
10-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Way to resurrect an ancient thread!

Xander
10-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Don't they call that "necroposting"?

I never game. Got a wii for the wife and kids a couple of years ago.

Rob
10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Hello 2006, oh how I've missed you. Still playing Mario Kart on the Wii.

anonymous Mac Tech
10-10-2011, 01:40 AM

Wow this has got to be a record for dredging up an old thread. Over five years old? But so long as I'm here and its resurfaced...

I'm an Xbox 360 gamer and first person shooter. Biggest conflict I'm having is which game to buy next (since I really only buy maybe two games a year and stick with a series generally). But I have the choice coming up very shortly between COD Modern Warfare 3 (I currently play COD Black Ops) or Battlefield 3 (previously played and enjoyed Battlefield Modern Combat for original xbox and Battlefield 3 for 360). I've been pretty content playing COD since last November. COD has always been built as the Xbox as its bread and butter platform. Plays very smoothly and always has for the most part. Xbox players are privileged to new downloadable content before any other platform (usually a month before). But I do miss the Battlefield series. Brings back fond gaming memories. But Battlefield was originally a PC game that was introduced to consoles back with Battlefield Modern Combat. Obviously the game is developed mainly for PC specs and scaled back for the older and aged consoles. I had faith with Dice (developers of Battlefield) thinking that wouldn't be a big deal and have been heavily reconsidering going towards Battlefield 3. However they recently released a Beta version for which the version for the consoles is very scaled back, lacking features, and buggy as hell. Its made many die hards cancel their pre-orders and has actually made Dice go into damage control mode (saying its a 4-6 week old build strictly for dedicated server load testing, putting out videos of better console game play, enticing the gaming media to play all versions and write redeeming articles). I think I'm actually just going to have to bite the bullet and buy Battlefield (as it comes out a couple weeks before COD) and if it sucks sell it back it back to the store (for about half of what I paid or less) and go with COD. I could rent to try it out, but I'm not patient enough to wait for it to be available for rent with only 2 weeks or so to make up my mind before COD is released.

Anywho, don't know if this is on topic with this ancient history thread, but informed thoughts are welcome.