PDA

View Full Version : Business is booming

lazzo71
03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I only started up my business a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with how things are going. I letterbox dropped about 1000 homes in a town of 50,000 people. I would do mor ebut my wife may have to transfer with work, so unfortunately I can't crank it up yet. Mind you, if we move it is a larger town so there will be more business.
Anyway, my letterbox drop has generated a fair bit of business, a lot of the customers are dissatisfied with the service they got elsewhere so they are coming to me. Nearly every job has been difficult, something unexpected but my skills over the last few weeks have increased dramatically.
I have found myself a supplier and can get good prices on my stuff.
Last week I purchased the business kit from this site, and adapted with my business details, they give me piece of mind once signed by the customer. What a great kit, if you haven't got it yet, put it on your to do list.
This is not my only source of income at this stage so the pressure is not there, though I am enjoying it so much things might change in the near future.

Pc Fixed Right
03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance. What is letterbox dropping? Good to hear things are going well =)

SDPCM
03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
congrats on your business -- great to hear you have done so well!

do i understand correctly that you attribute your success to putting fliers for your business in people's mailboxes (letterbox dropping)?

i am not certain but for those of us in the united states, i believe it's illegal to put non-mail items in mailboxes for the purposes of advertising. i'm not certain about that. i guess americans could try leaving fliers on cars as an alternative, but i always hate it when people leave things on my car.

tartis
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
It is illegal in the USA to put advertisements in the mailbox without postage. However, many mailboxes come with a newspaper slot that can be used for your fliers.

Blues
03-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I also see many fliers taped to the mailbox and to doors or folded and slid between the mailbox and the flag on the mailbox.

lazzo71
03-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I am in Australia and we are allowed to distribute "junk mail". I only put out about 1000 fliers, no adds in the paper or anything and I am doing quite well at this point.

gadz00ks1
03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Congrats on your business!!!

Bryce W
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Congrats Lazzo, I love hearing about other's success stories. I had success with letterbox drops as well. However, it always took time for the calls to come around. As you probably read in one of my articles, I once did a big letterbox drop, noone called and I just shrugged it off as a failure. Then a year later I get heaps of calls from that particular drop. People kept it for that long. Weird..

jimman65
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Good to hear of ideas that work.

I've decided to try something similar in my area. Any suggestions on key words that I should include to get their attention?