PDA

View Full Version : Eset Smart Security - Internet Connection Sharing

mh348
03-24-2008, 01:50 PM
How Do I allow ICS in Eset Smart Security. I added my IP range as a trusted zone.

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) works fine when I disable the Firewall.

GraemeP
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
you need to use the Interactive Mode and create a rule to allow all traffic to and from the machine that will recive the internet from your pc.

Go to Personal firewall Choose Interactive mode.
Go to Personal Firewall -> Rules and zones. In the right at trusted zone part click Setup and choose Allow Sharing.
Go to Personal Firewall -> IDS and Advanced Options make sure all services are allowed
Open personal firewall -> Rules and zones -> Zone and rule setup Uncheck every rule that has in the name block press apply confirm.
Make a new rule click button called new .

Name uptoyou, Direction : Both, Action : Allow, Protocol : TCP and UDP
Local tab make sure there is no info so ESS will allow any port, In remote choose enter the ip range or the ip address of the pc/s which will get internet from your pc click OK

GraemeP
03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh forgot to add once you have it working with the firewall on turn the zone rules back to block and test to see if ics is still working :)

mh348
03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi, Thanks. It works !!!!!! :):):)

GraemeP
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Your welcome, Had a job with this very same problem the other day :)

mh348
03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Are you familiar with the Business Edition of NOD32 and the LAN Mirror.

I installed NOD32 Business Ed. for a Client on 7 pc's. I Put the License File on one pc and on each of the other pc's I chose LAN Server and entered http://ipaddress:2221

Is this the correct setup?

GraemeP
03-24-2008, 07:26 PM
yes you can add the nod32.lic to the mirror server and dircet the other pc's nod to that server to renew the lic and get the updates,