PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Outlook - Email folders, calendar, contacts

htsource
03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I've been asked a few times if it's possible to share Outlook calendar, email folders and contacts. Bascially users have multiple computers (i.e. laptop and desktop), and they'd like to have same contents in Outlook when they start up Outlook from either computer.

I've seen a few applications online but not sure which one is the best. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MHCG
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I take it you don't have an exchange server.

htsource
03-22-2008, 08:28 PM
No, my clients don't run Exchange. But I'm running SBS 2003 on my own LAN so yes, I have Exchange.

jacalope22
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Well there might be a better way, but I just keep my Outlook.pst file on my flash drive and just plug it into whichever computer I am using. You have to remap Outlook to open up off the flash drive the first time but after that it will always open from the same drive. So I Can plug into any computer and have all of my email and contacts. You can set the rules and such to match both computers so they will transfer too.

cis4smack
04-06-2008, 11:02 PM
How about having them a sync program? You can use a sync program to copy the PST file from the desktop on the laptop so when their connected to the network. Couldn't that work?

Andy-Always
04-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I can see a corrupt PST file in the making :eek:

I used synctoy for this purpose for one client, it worked for a few months and one day the PST file went pop,,,,, of course it wasn't backed up!!!!!

htsource - I think you need to talk them into the benefits of SBS, they'll love you for it if they can justify the cost!

peter-h-u
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
there is an addon, i have tried it enable you to share calendar, contacts, tasks you can douwload it form

unitedteam1.com