PDA

View Full Version : For AVG resellers

Lone99star
10-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Bring us any competitive renewal, and we’ll match ANY competitors renewal price and give you your standard margin OR switch your customer from any competitor mid-term in their license to AVG, and we’ll buy out the remaining duration of time on the competitors license!

Yes, that means if your customer has a full year left on a competitors license and you buy a year from AVG – your customer will get a 24 month license back!

This promotion is a GREAT reason to begin a new sales conversation with your customers to add on additional services, and products with the savings received.

But wait - There’s more!

FREE HOME SECURITY MATCH
When you switch your customer to AVG by purchasing an AVG Internet Security Business Edition, we’ll throw in our premium AVG Internet Security Home Edition*—FREE for each of their staff up to the license size purchased!

Lone99star

Corbin
10-26-2010, 12:04 AM
So are you selling this? Im a bit confused or is this something AVG is doing? And you dont need to add your name to everypost just go put it in your sig from your panel screen.

Hercomputers
10-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm also an AVG seller and this is information that was in an email that went out to all resellers today. It's just a promotional email to increase sales. The info was cut and pasted from the actual email. So yes, it's what AVG is doing, not the OP - correct credit should be given.

Lone99star
10-26-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm also an AVG seller and this is information that was in an email that went out to all resellers today. It's just a promotional email to increase sales. The info was cut and pasted from the actual email. So yes, it's what AVG is doing, not the OP - correct credit should be given.

Credit is given, I'm not trying to sell anything here.
It was cut and pasted from an email, I was a AVG reseller but I'm not satisfied with the product any longer.
I thought this might be a good for some that haven't tried the reseller route.

I was in no way trying to take credit for the ad, that is obvious.

Also I don't always want my handle hung on the bottom of every post.

Lone99star

Hercomputers
10-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Credit is given, I'm not trying to sell anything here.
It was cut and pasted from an email, I was a AVG reseller but I'm not satisfied with the product any longer.
I thought this might be a good for some that haven't tried the reseller route.

I was in no way trying to take credit for the ad, that is obvious.

Also I don't always want my handle hung on the bottom of every post.

Lone99star

Ok, you cut and paste from the email and you had your username at the end of it and that was it. You didn't mention anything about not being satisfied with the product in that same post.

I was answering Corbin's question since your initial post only was only a cut and paste. Others that might see it may wonder and want to ask the same thing, that's all.

Lone99star
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Ok, you cut and paste from the email and you had your username at the end of it and that was it. You didn't mention anything about not being satisfied with the product in that same post.

I was answering Corbin's question since your initial post only was only a cut and paste. Others that might see it may wonder and want to ask the same thing, that's all.

Granted, I should have elaborated.
It seems like a fairly good incentive for a reseller and just because I'm not happy with them should be no indication of the quality of the product.

I received the email and thought, Hey the techs on TN might be interested in this. I am about 18 hours into Red Dead Redemption and have two machines on my desk, I thought since there is no link available I will just cut and paste this real fast and get back to RDR.

My bad, I guess.

Lone99star

PS I'm also in a fantasy football league that has me biting my nails all Sunday and Monday.

Hercomputers
10-26-2010, 01:29 AM
LOL!!! RDR huh? I left off that game where Bonnie was showing me how to ride the horse and I kept falling off. It is a great game though even though I haven't really done anything yet. I'm still hooked on my Batman Arkam-:)-:)

No wonder why you're distracted.....lol

Corbin
10-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Ok I was just wondering about it, I'm just a affiliate of AVG so I get all the fun savings and promos in my email to share with people, so I don't get none of this fun stuff.

But back to the OP with this being a reseller, AVG is saying if I have a client with lets say Panda on their machine and they just paid for it, AVG will give them a year free just to change to them? Is that what I'm reading?

Lone99star
10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
"AVG is saying if I have a client with lets say Panda on their machine and they just paid for it, AVG will give them a year free just to change to them? Is that what I'm reading?"

That is my understanding, I don't know if they prorate for an almost expired license or not.
The free home user incentive is interesting also, for a small business with an office manager making the purchasing decisions I believe they would jump on it.

Just to clarify, I do not sell AVG and have no plans to in the near future.

Lone99star

PCSupportGlasgow
10-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Almost all of the Av vendors are offering this same offer.

As BitDefender and Avast also giving the price matching and will add any current term left on a comptetitors product to the licence term. Mcafee were hinting on matching it on the phone the other day but wouldnt commit so probs expect them to jump into line with the others soon aswell :D

callthatgirl
10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Can I ask this question without seeming not "in the know" but I see viruses get right through free AVG and sometimes the paid AVG. If you're reselling AVG and a client gets a virus, do you support them for free if they bought through you?

Hercomputers
11-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Can I ask this question without seeming not "in the know" but I see viruses get right through free AVG and sometimes the paid AVG. If you're reselling AVG and a client gets a virus, do you support them for free if they bought through you?

Talk about timing! Excellent question, Lisa! I had this happen to me this past weekend. I had a repeat customer whose husband I found out knows my family (but that's another story....lol) but she had an issue with IE redirecting her via mysearchwebways8.com which turned out to be a very stubborn virus-:( and one that AVG did not detect.

I sold her a license version (about 4 months ago) with the Firewall protection. Normally, nuke and pave is something I'd do as a last resort but in this case, I thought it would be best. I did offer to do a clean OS reinstall for half of what I charged her the first time and I also recommended to use MSE instead of AVG. She was ok with that.

Personally, as a reseller of AVG, I'm finding that it isn't a really good product and I am no longer reselling it. So now, I'm an ex-reseller...lol

Peaceful
11-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Precisely the reason I don't sell any antivirus software. They're all basically just a bill of goods, and me being the layman's "friend in the business" I don't feel right selling my friends snake oil.

red12049
11-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Talk about timing! Excellent question, Lisa! I had this happen to me this past weekend. I had a repeat customer whose husband I found out knows my family (but that's another story....lol) but she had an issue with IE redirecting her via mysearchwebways8.com which turned out to be a very stubborn virus-:( and one that AVG did not detect.

I sold her a license version (about 4 months ago) with the Firewall protection. Normally, nuke and pave is something I'd do as a last resort but in this case, I thought it would be best. I did offer to do a clean OS reinstall for half of what I charged her the first time and I also recommended to use MSE instead of AVG. She was ok with that.

Personally, as a reseller of AVG, I'm finding that it isn't a really good product and I am no longer reselling it. So now, I'm an ex-reseller...lol

Not all AVG's fault. I've done a lot of research on my customers' machines, and most viruses now a days come from infected ads/websites, including prominent ones such as Yahoo. I use IEHV and MHV from Nirsoft to inspect browser history, and can usually clearly find the site that infected them. No antivirus is going to protect from attacks like that. I use MSSE mainly because it puts the least load on the system, not because it is any better than AVG for protection. I also set IE to use in private filtering, which blocks most third party ads, and install Chrome with ad blocker. Helps a bit.

Rick