PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

focuz
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm basically done with the whole design of my main site. I now wanted to build a collection of webmaster tools to be able to help out my clients and attract traffic.

So far I have thought of adding DNS tools page much like the free tools at dnsstuff.com A website template download section. Internet FAQ, Script tutorials and references, and SEO tools.

Its still in development and nothing is really up yet but I thought I would get some ideas on what you would add to make a complete webmaster page.

03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
I'd add in some kind of shopping cart system and maybe a blogging tool or two, if you don't already have those. They may not be used, but the work to set them up shouldn't be that tough.

focuz
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Well the only thing I'm really selling is website hosting, which is ordered through the main site. Heres an example of my DNS tools page ajackshosting.com/webmasters
(http://www.ajackshosting.com/webmasters/modules.php?name=DNSTools)

As you can see I didn't even change the header image so its definitely under construction, but just so you guys can see whats happening.

03-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, website hosts usually have some sort of easy setup cart system and a blogging system...at least the ones I've used.
I use lunarpages, for example, and they have zencart installed so that I only have to do the end user set up if I want to use it. I think it's a fairly standard feature to just have the software installed, in case the end user does want a shopping cart or blogging software, or whatever. I guess you have to think about your customer; If you don't think they'll use something like that, then, yeah, it's a waste of your time to set it up.

focuz
03-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh I got you. I'm using cpanel so those scripts are all preinstalled and ready in fantastico.

hawks5999
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh I got you. I'm using cpanel so those scripts are all preinstalled and ready in fantastico.

focuz - tried to view your cpanel demo and it comes back as unable to connect: demo.cpanel.net:2082 - it might be the firewall I'm currently behind, but just fyi.

Also, a good tool for your webmasters is a reverse ip lookup such as at yougetsignal.com. There it shows your site is hosted along with 358 other domains including some adult (could lead to blocking by restrictive web filters).

Fred_G
03-18-2008, 04:36 AM
On your cheapest option, "Upto 3 Domains" should be Up to 3 Domains. Looks pretty good! I was tempted to get my own, just don't need one right now.

E

focuz
03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I just checked the link for the demo, it looks good. You probably have port 2082 blocked.

And yes, I'm on a reseller account right now so I'm mixed in with all the other sites my host lets in. I figured why pay the money for a dedicated server when I have no clients and still in the development stage. Hopefully I will be able to get the server in a month or two.

I will make the wording changes lator tonight, looks like I messed up my about us page during an update too.