View Full Version : System Audits
03-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I see a few companies offer system/IT audits for free, does anyone offer this type of service and what kind of things do you check? do you have a checklist you can share?
03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
We offer free audits to company's with at least 5 PCs and 1 server. We use spiceworks for this. Install on any PC and it will gather info about all PCs on the network.
Inventory all of your hardware and software and other assets you care about.
* Discover the Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and servers, routers, printers and any other IP-based devices on your network.
* Gather all of their relevant technical data plus the software, patches and services on each machine.
* Add important data such as the number of licenses you have, the purchase price and physical location.
* Keep track of other assets such as mobile phones and even office furniture. All without agents.
* Store all inventory information locally and securely on your network - so there's no concern about sensitive data flying across the Internet.
It's free and can be downloaded here: http://www.spiceworks.com
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.