PDA

View Full Version : Kasperksy Internet Security

MrMille
03-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I see it's possible to buy 10 full fat licenses for USD80.

I was thinking of doing this, but before I do this, I'd like to ask your guys if you think it's any good.

I've installed it on my own machine, but I've only trialled it for a few days.

I wouldn't recommend it until I'm certain it's a good product.

So....who uses it, sells it, or thinks it a great product.

http://www.kaspersky.com/store?chapter=170330270&pcs80=10&prodid=80

03-15-2008, 11:51 PM
I sell it and haven't had any complaints. It's fast, it updates easily, and it does its job very well. I give it a thumbs up.

I know it's not the IS product, but Cnet rated Kaspersky AV the highest in their most recent reviews. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6600_7-6768133-1.html?tag=prmo1

gunslinger
03-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I think Kasperksy Internet Security is the best product of its kind by far. I use the Kasperksy antivirus on my system and have been very happy with it.

geekhelp4u
03-16-2008, 02:31 AM
I also use Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 7

It uses the zone alarm pro firewall
Kaspersky licenses their anti-virus and anti-spyware for it
and K9 is the parental control built in!

3 PC license is $49.95

as a reseller affiliate you get about $9 added to your account per sale!

here is an article on it
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129514/article.html

Mac
03-16-2008, 07:03 AM
imo KIS is the best of all the security suites.
Just think you have throusands of russian hackers reverse engineering malware 24/7 providing hourly antivirus updates. :D

Now dont you feel safe knowing that?

nonchalant
03-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Wrong forum, and I wouldnt use it as it only has a 98.3% detection rate http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Blues
03-17-2008, 04:23 PM
There are only 2 or 3 that are rated better in that link nonchalant but do they offer a IS, Internet Security, suite? How user friendly are they really we are talking here not about what we would use but what is good for the client. 98.3% is a very acceptable rate for an AV package if it provides easy of use and minimal user involement when it comes to our clients. To top it off it has an IS suite to include spyware protection, spam filter, and firewall. I believe in terms of what will be best for the customer Kaspersky IS is probly the best option for now.

Crgky127
03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Also KIS is the easier to find in the US than the higher rated ones. (If I'm not looking the right places please help me out)

Edit: nvm, thought OP was in US due to USD pricing.

nonchalant
03-17-2008, 10:03 PM
There are only 2 or 3 that are rated better in that link nonchalant but do they offer a IS, Internet Security, suite? How user friendly are they really we are talking here not about what we would use but what is good for the client. 98.3% is a very acceptable rate for an AV package if it provides easy of use and minimal user involement when it comes to our clients. To top it off it has an IS suite to include spyware protection, spam filter, and firewall. I believe in terms of what will be best for the customer Kaspersky IS is probly the best option for now.

Im not saying 98.3% is bad. Im simply saying there are better AV's around. And for purposes of that test a 1.7% 'failure' rate is equivalent to approx 30,000 viruses. I have a problem with that.

As for TrustPort having all the bells and whistles, yes it does. It has all the modules you mention, including 3 anti-spyware modules instead of 1, 2 antivirus modules instead of 1, data encryption (it creates a secure virtual drive) and a data shredder. I find it very simple to use, and for me personally, a 99.8-100% detection rate is much more acceptable. More info here: www.aec.cz

MrMille
03-17-2008, 10:27 PM
The virus threat isn't what it once was.

Virus gangs have seen a decrease in membership, and only a few months ago, three gangs had to combine their efforts to put out their ezine.

Malware, not viruses, is the problem.

KIS it is so, just need to find out if the 2 year sub is from the date of download, or the date of sale/activation.

03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
o, just need to find out if the 2 year sub is from the date of download, or the date of sale/activation.

It's from the date of activation. When you enter the key, and activate it (online) it gives you a 364 day period for updates, per key.

I was actually coming on here to post this, too: I just had a guy tell me that he doesn't want Kaspersky because "it doesn't sound trustworthy!" Told me that his son's going to install Norton for him. Oh well.

nonchalant
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Told me that his son's going to install Norton for him.

that software's just evil..

MrMille
03-17-2008, 10:47 PM
his son's going to install Norton for him. Oh well.

Tell him you'll see him in 6 months ;)

Blues
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Tell him you'll see him in 6 months ;)

6 months?! Your being too generous I would say 3 months before he has a headache from it.

gunslinger
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll give it 3 weeks. The computer will be so slow as to be unusable.

Blues
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll give it 3 weeks. The computer will be so slow as to be unusable.

gunslinger Im not talkin about how long till its a problem Im talkin how long till they call you or someone to say its a problem

nonchalant
03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
gunslinger Im not talkin about how long till its a problem Im talkin how long till they call you or someone to say its a problem

ah..in that case give it 2 years..

btw, Ive noticed a growing trend amongst PC owners where I used to have tell them about how bad norton was but now more often than not they tell me, asking me to get rid of it before I say anything. I mean its got to be pretty bad when even the noobs say its crap..

gunslinger
03-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Same thing with the other crapware Vista.

MrMille
03-19-2008, 11:51 AM
This thread is about Kaspersky Internet Security, let's keep it on topic.

gunslinger
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
This thread is about Kaspersky Internet Security, let's keep it on topic.

True. Sorry for thinking out loud again.( I tend to clump all crapware together) :D My idea of a good antivirus is one that has a very high detection rate, not many false positives, gives the user the option to delete certain files, has a user friendly GUI, and does not hog system resources. Kaspersky is the only one I know of or have tried that does all this.

Blues
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes thanks for mentioning the false positives as that is to me a good strong point for Kaspersky. This is an even greater advantage when it comes to use on a customers PC as you don't want it to cause a problem. The only part of the app I have yet to use is the parental control. It was blocking my parents from a sight he used for work. How ever if it is on a kids PC I would think it would work decently well. Ultimately there is no better parental control then watching your kids and beating them.

MrMille
03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
The Holy Grail of Internet Security...

Stopping malware, viruses, root kits, AND beating your children for you!
C'mon Kaspersky you know you can do it!!!

gunslinger
03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
The Holy Grail of Internet Security...

Stopping malware, viruses, root kits, AND beating your children for you!
C'mon Kaspersky you know you can do it!!!

Oh yeah, I think that comes with the new Kaspersky ultimate gold super premium limited edition.:rolleyes: They actually monitor your kids online activity and come to your house all the way from Germany to beat your kids for you. I hear its a bit expensive but quality products sometimes are. :D