PDA

View Full Version : Web site comments

nXtGenPC
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Ok so I made some recent changes to my web site, can you please give some feedback

And if you see spelling/ grammar errors please let me know, I am a technician not an English teacher and my grammar sucks :P

http://nXtGenPC.com

Innogeek
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Just my first impression is that it looks good. The only thing I noticed right away was that "Repair" is spelled wrong at the very top left under nXtGenPC. :D I've done it on my advertising before, so...

edit: Also, one thing is I really have to hunt for your phone number on the main page. I'd make it large and someone noticeable.

Martyn
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I like it a lot, nice job. One thing I would do is get the phone number, larger and in your face. Maybe on the top, other side of the logo. I know it's on the first page but I think big is better. :D

16k_zx81
10-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Definitely make the contact details more prominent. Top right would be a good spot.

I think a contact form right in the customer's face (ie front page) is a good idea. You have come space there and its not hard to implement. It means one less click for customers to have to contact you and that will translate to dollars in the long term

You have a number of good affiliations. I think these should also be more prominent. Burying them in the site means many customers will not see them. Front page too if possible.

ProTech Support
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
The only thing I do not like here, is your logo. Looking at your website, your logo does not give me a memorable impression. Half the marketing battle is branding, and your logo just looks too stock.

Now that we got that out of the way, I love the rest of the site. Very smooth and clean. Great work.

nXtGenPC
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, well I really ain't the best at logos, so would some one mind helping me out with suggestions on how to change it

ProTech Support
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok, well I really ain't the best at logos, so would some one mind helping me out with suggestions on how to change it

I am in the same boat as you. GFX and I just don't get along! There is a website that has been floating around here lately where you give people a concept and they all battle for the best logo. Not sure what the name of it was, but I am sure someone will help me out with that.

EDIT: Here it is: http://99designs.com/

Mushin
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
The only thing I do not like here, is your logo. Looking at your website, your logo does not give me a memorable impression. Half the marketing battle is branding, and your logo just looks too stock.

Now that we got that out of the way, I love the rest of the site. Very smooth and clean. Great work.

I have to agree with the logo... I do like the look of the text but there is no color and thus it does not stand out. It is perfectly possible to make a text only logo memorable but it is much harder. Color can make it a bit easier and adding some type of icon to augment the text can possibly help further.

I love your site! You may want to experiement with your content pages. In particular, under services you may want to spice these pages up a bit. That is something I am working on.