PDA

View Full Version : Vistaprint

Lone99star
10-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Vistaprint is running a promotion, just about everything they have is free.
It's only samples, 250 cards, 1 t-shirt, 1 coffee mug, 1 tote bag etc.
You have to pay individual shipping that is kinda high but I ordered everything with 14 day shipping and it was around $20.

It's a good way to try out Vistaprint quality.

Have fun.

Lone99star

silvano
10-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I use vistaprint primarily, tangoprint on occasion. My only gripe with vistaprint is the constant bombardment of their so-called specials, email, and sometimes even phone calls.

16k_zx81
10-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Yeah their marketing is a PITA, but their product is good and their prices are way cheaper than anything local here (australia). I use them for my business cards and postcards. Very happy with them so far

Xander
10-01-2010, 03:17 AM
You can opt-out of those mailings. You know that, right?

apochimongitus
10-01-2010, 03:22 AM
The free stuff does not give a good indication of quality. There's a reason it's free...

Apochimongitus

16k_zx81
10-01-2010, 03:24 AM
You can opt-out of those mailings. You know that, right?

Yep. I dont get emails, but the thing that I do find mildly irritating is the obstacle course of add-on sales they subject customers to when they're trying to submit an order :mad:

callthatgirl
10-01-2010, 03:40 AM
I order all my magnets, business cards and some promotional stuff there. Good deal on magnets! 1000 for $99 sometimes.

Off to go order, didn't know about the sale!

Xander
10-01-2010, 03:47 AM
I order all my magnets, business cards and some promotional stuff there. Good deal on magnets! 1000 for $99 sometimes.

Off to go order, didn't know about the sale!

Ordered this a few days ago. 3 Ts, 2000 cards and some freebies. $103
The small shirt is for my 12-year-old son -- he wants to advertise for his dad.
http://i54.tinypic.com/ruskcz.png

ProTech-MN
10-01-2010, 03:59 AM
I haven't had a need to use them yet myself, but someone recommended this other site to me - said they beat Vistaprint hands down every time.

http://www.printrunner.com

Last time I checked, they were cheaper than Vistaprint on many items, but I haven't checked in quite awhile... just passing along the link.

-Randy

Xander
10-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Took a quick glance at PrintRunner. 2500 cards with no visible option to add my own logo: $54.95. Not great but my 2000@$34 were at a sale price.

Martyn
10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
I got business cards from them once and they were rubbish, I put them straight in the bin. They were meant to be best quality but they were printed skewed by 1mm and offset. The fridge magnets were good. Yes you can opt out of the spam and it works.

TopLevelComp
10-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Just thought I'd throw this out there for everyone.

U-Printing has cheaper prices for business cards. I ordered 1000 Full Color Front & Back Vertical Glossy Business Cards for $42 shipped.

For regular business cards (Horizontal orientated) and just full front color is only 22 bucks for 1000, plus shipping and tax.

norm1320
10-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I usually wait until they have one of their "Free shipping with $30 purchase" sales, then I order what I need (last week it was business Christmas cards mainly) and load up on all the free stuff to maximize my return on investment. Only problem is that I now have so many business cards that I could give 2 to every man, woman, and child in my business area and still have enough left to wallpaper the livingroom. They all look great though, so I just pass them out like candy.

cooke1099
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM

U-Printing has cheaper prices for business cards. I ordered 1000 Full Color Front & Back Vertical Glossy Business Cards for $42 shipped.

For regular business cards (Horizontal orientated) and just full front color is only 22 bucks for 1000, plus shipping and tax.

I also use uprinting.com. The quality is tons better than Vista print, and they also offer free proofing of your uploaded images. I ordered 500 last week with front full color with uploaded image and shipping for $31. Also customer service is awesome when there are problems with your proof. :D

Xander
10-02-2010, 04:48 PM

You caught that I've got 2000 on their way for $48 shipped? (and that includes other things being shipped with them)

Martyn
10-02-2010, 04:51 PM
You caught that I've got 2000 on their way for $48 shipped? (and that includes other things being shipped with them)

I hope they are not like the ones I got that were binned. Premium cards, absolute rubbish :mad:

Pc Fixed Right
10-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I also use vistaprint never had a problem.

Martyn
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I also use vistaprint never had a problem.

It's only my experience. Magnets were fine. Previous to my order I emailed them for some samples of business cards and they said they didn't do them and that I would be happy with cards if I ordered them. I wasn't. I contacted another company in the uk and got samples the next day and placed my order. Beautiful cards 400gsm laminated both sides. They cost more that Vistaprint but I want quality cards whatever they cost.

Xander
10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm bearing in mind that I've never gotten business cards from VP before. I got 1000 from Staples locally; paid $80something with very few options. To get what I liked would've really upped the cost and, for my first batch....

So, I'm trying to be optimistic about it. Got an email last night that they "shipped early" and should arrive Monday.

154Tech
10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
A quick tip for everyone that uses VistaPrint: Sign up as a reseller. You'll get even better discounts, better prices when they are having "specials" and no VistaPrint branding on the free stuff. And it's free. Only drawback is that they will literally send you an email every day so'll you'll want to set up a mail rule to move it somewhere.

Xander
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
"There is a one-time $43.99 fee to become a Vistaprint Authorised Reseller." (http://www.vistaprint.ca/dealer-registration.aspx)

Not awful but unless one plans to spend a chunk of change there, it might take a while to recoup that expense.

ljtechservices
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I got my cards done locally by a print shop.
My first print run of 1000 was $80
This in itself isn't very remarkable or a good deal.
But from this relationship I got a referral which more than covered the price.

my first set of cards was from vistaprint. I really liked them, but the print quality of the new cards was worth the time and money spent.

TopLevelComp
10-02-2010, 11:51 PM

Was that double sided printing?

I did that and VistaPrint was a little over 12 dollars more, as they charged an upload fee, and all that.

Xander
10-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Was that double sided printing?

I did that and VistaPrint was a little over 12 dollars more, as they charged an upload fee, and all that.Nope. Single-sided but, then, I did my "one-time upload fee" when I got my shirts printed with my first batch so that was absorbed into my first fees with them.
I'm looking at u-printing right now. Haven't gotten as far as a self-designed but it's showing promise (it'll take me forever to use 2000 cards, though).

TopLevelComp
10-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Nope. Single-sided but, then, I did my "one-time upload fee" when I got my shirts printed with my first batch so that was absorbed into my first fees with them.
I'm looking at u-printing right now. Haven't gotten as far as a self-designed but it's showing promise (it'll take me forever to use 2000 cards, though).

Ah ok. U-Printing seems to be a little backwards. Matte is more expensive (A few bucks). I decided to change my printing from 1000 to 2000, was no issue, price went up to 62.03 with 20 dollar shipping (Which was a rip, I'm 2 hours away and they charged me 20 bucks for 1 day shipping.)

If you'd like any help with self-designed business cards, give me a PM, be happy to help anyway I can.

154Tech
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
"There is a one-time $43.99 fee to become a Vistaprint Authorised Reseller." (http://www.vistaprint.ca/dealer-registration.aspx)

Not awful but unless one plans to spend a chunk of change there, it might take a while to recoup that expense.

Like everything else on VistaPrint, the Reseller Fee is often on sale. I signed up over a year ago during some promotion and paid nothing to become a reseller. Just have to keep an eye out for when they're running that deal. Or if you can find one of their posts on the various job boards, the fee is usually waived as well.

minc3d
10-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Just got a 500 pack of large magnets for only $127 shipped! 25 cents a magnet - crazy cheap.

Look for "vistaprint coupons" on google and you will strike gold sometimes :) Free shipping is often a common deal with them.

amallette
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I use GotPrint and the do an exceptional job and the prices are great. They allow you to upload your images and receive a proof for free.

RogueTech
10-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Just signed up as a reseller with them. If anyone needs anything let me know!

TopLevelComp
10-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Just thought I'd give an update.

I got my business cards from U-Print, they came out excellent, the only thing I wish could've been better was the gloss, I picked "Glossy" and it's almost Semi-Gloss. Other than that, colors are excellent, placement was exactly as planned, came in two boxes. One with 1000, and another with 500.