PDA

View Full Version : All In One Security Suite

geekhelp4u
03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
What is everyones opinion on who makes the best all in one security suite? I know Avast! 4.8 will contain anti-rootkit and anti-spyware in addition to their anti-virus, making it the first completely free auto-updating (more than once a day) all in one package, but who make the best one for now - FREE or PAID!

Would you go with

Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 7
Kaspersky Internet Security 6
AVG
BitDefender Internet Security v10

or something else???

Simmy
03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I've tried both Kaspersky Internet Security, BitDefender Total Security and NOD32 Smart Security.

BitDefender was very thorough, but by default it automatically deletes files it considers to be a virus, which is very annoying! It deleted all of my keyfinder applications and password revealer tools :mad:

NOD32 is unbelievably quick and you hardly notice it's running, but it just doesn't seem as effective at detecting virus' compared to Kaspersky or BitDefender.

My main choice would Kaspersky, especially because you can buy an OEM copy for ~8.

03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I sell Kaspersky IS 7. It's a matter of opinion on what is THE best, but I like Kaspersky a lot. Like Simmy said, the OEM version is super cheap and can help add some profit to your workorders.

Having said that, I use Avast! on my home machines just because I'm too lazy to switch to anything else on my own stuff. :D

gunslinger
03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Its my opinion that Kaspersky IS 7 is by far the best right now. I also agree with Simmy that any program thats automatically deleting files it considers to be a virus is very annoying, I have had this problem with Norton and Avast in the past. I have certain flash drives that I use on systems that have these programs.

mh348
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I prefer Eset Smart Security.

nonchalant
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I used to prefer Kaspersky now I use TrustPort Workstation

edit: latest results just in from www.av-comparatives.org (http://www.av-comparatives.org) (dated 10 march) give it a 99.8% detection rate too

geekhelp4u
03-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Anyone tried Zone Alarm? It uses their pro version of the firewall, dropped CA Antivirus and now uses Kaspersky. Looks like it is basically the Kasperksy Internet Security Suite with Zone Alarm Firewall.