PDA

View Full Version : [Want To Buy] Old sound cards and laptop mobo's

bytebuster
09-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I need practice items to learn how to solder laptop DC jacks. If you have any old laptop motherboards or old sound cards laying around, even if they're broken, shove them in a US Postal Service flat rate box and ship them to me, I'll pay the $10 postage or whatever it is now. If you're in the Sacramento area, I'll pick them up at your shop, just dump them in a box and PM me. No calls, PM me if you want to get rid of some of your old laptop mobo's. I will edit this post when I get enough stuff.

kmeyntz
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
I have several bins of laptop parts such as motherboards, screens, and misc laptop parts such as hinges from when I had the time to do laptop repairs.

If you are interested I will let them go for a really good price and a lot of the items are not that old such as a few of the dells and hp units. You could even fix them and sell them if you know how to do bga rework.

bytebuster
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I have several bins of laptop parts such as motherboards, screens, and misc laptop parts such as hinges from when I had the time to do laptop repairs.

If you are interested I will let them go for a really good price and a lot of the items are not that old such as a few of the dells and hp units. You could even fix them and sell them if you know how to do bga rework.

What's your price, I see you are in Canada, do I have to pay you in Canadian dollars? How big is a "bin"? I'm really just interested in the motherboards, to learn how to fix the jacks. When I was running my business the first time around I was asked to fix screens a few times, so I may take some screens. Dig through your stuff and let me know what you've got, please.

kmeyntz
09-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi dug up one of the bins and here is a short list since their is a lot of parts,

I have an acer aspire 4530 all together except the hd and ram, the board needs to be replaced due to water damage.

A dell inspiron, just missing battery, hard drive and the keyboard, the bios is corrupted.

2x Compaq presario v6000, disassembled but mostly there except the hd and ram, they both need bga rework.

A lenovo s10 netbook, just missing ram and hd, screen is cracked other than that works fine.

3x acer aspire motherboards, not sure whats wrong with them,

2 newer laptop drives with lightscribe, and 2 cd drives

Misc parts such as inverters, heatsinks, ram ect

A few batterys including a brand new one never used for a toshiba a10

An acer travelmate screen 2310, as well as an ibm thinkpad screen.

US currency is fine for me, I am able to provide pictures so you can see that the stuff is in good condition. Make me an offer as to what you think is appropriate and ill most likely go for it.

Also can you pin me your address and ill get a quote on the shipping to your location.

Elemdee
09-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Hi I just sent you a PM, I'm interested in that netbook if he isn't. :)

bytebuster
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm bumping this to the top, since the parts kmeyntz sold me seem to have been stolen in transit. If anybody has old motherboards or daughter boards with power jacks that I can use to practice on, please let me know. I can pay you on November 3.