PDA

View Full Version : New Dells with Vista OR XP now

juiceman39
03-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Just happened to see a new Dell flyer today. It was offering Xp or Vista on every one of the new PC's in the add. Looks like a turn around is coming-or its already here.

juiceman39

gunslinger
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Its about time common sense kicked in. If this is true, hats off to Dell for stepping up.

geekhelp4u
03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
i dropped by there website to see what was up with this story... looks like it is partially true. They do offer many computers with XP, but it is limited to certain models not all of them... looks like the inspiron has 1 model with xp, the XPS has 0, and their Gaming Machine has 1. When it comes to their desktops, looks like you can only get it on their lower end machines!

Blues
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Dell has been doing this for sometime now and its as far as I can see only the business models.

gunslinger
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah , I just checked it out also. Knew it sounded too good to be true.

geekhelp4u
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Dell has been doing this for sometime now and its as far as I can see only the business models.

Good call... looks like MOST of their business machines are available with xp! Now why they offer xp home for a business machine is odd! Now if only you can get it with no operating system... wonder how much they would charge!

thecoldone06
03-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Their offering it for business machines because there haven't been many companies switching over to Vista for obvious reasons. if they only offered Vista pre-installed, they would miss out on a lot of business because companies don't want it on there until its stable.

Blues
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Some small businesses have no need for the abilities of XP Pro so if you buy 5-10 XP Home its going to be considerable amount cheaper then XP Pro $500-1,000.

gunslinger
03-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Their offering it for business machines because there haven't been many companies switching over to Vista for obvious reasons. if they only offered Vista pre-installed, they would miss out on a lot of business because companies don't want it on there until its stable.

exactly. They want to make money not spend more on getting the systems to work, upgrading all there software to work with vista, and all the other vista problems.