PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Air Cards/Moblile Internet Service

gadz00ks1
03-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Are any of you using or plan to use a mobile broadband/air card for mobile internet access? If not what do you do if you need access to the internet while at a client's site?

I was planning using their connection if I needed access while on a job. I don't see why they would object. What are some your thoughts on this?

thecoldone06
03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I think if you find yourself at clients sites without internet access and you often need it then a wireless air card would be something to look into. However, if you find yourself being able to use your client's internet access then theres really no need to spend the monthly fee on an air card/service.

geekhelp4u
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I was checking out verizon's usb adapter wireless network that runs of their phone towers. For $50 a month, you will get 5GB of data transfer (which should be plenty for drivers and misc. downloads... just sucks if you a huge torrent downloader!!!) Connect at speeds up to 144 Kbps, with typical speeds of 60 to 80 Kbps. Granted, I was connecting a lot faster in the suburbs of houston, so try it out in your area for actual speeds. here is the link http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessinternet/