PDA

View Full Version : A weird problem - Keyboard rotates screen 90c

Itech
09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I had a laptop in today, i replaced the CPU heatsink and then the customer asked me to replace the keyboard, so i went ahead with putting in a new keyboard which he brought with him.

Once fitted i switched laptop on and the operating system loaded, then every key i pressed on the keyboard it made the screen rotate 90*c, no matter what i pressed the screen switched 90*c.

Is this a faulty keyboard or what do you guys suggest?

iptech
09-15-2010, 11:55 PM
I had a laptop in today, i replaced the CPU heatsink and then the customer asked me to replace the keyboard, so i went ahead with putting in a new keyboard which he brought with him.

Once fitted i switched laptop on and the operating system loaded, then every key i pressed on the keyboard it made the screen rotate 90*c, no matter what i pressed the screen switched 90*c.

Is this a faulty keyboard or what do you guys suggest?Was the original keyboard faulty? What happens when you replace the 'new' keyboard with the old one, does the rotation issue disappear?

I would guess he's given you a faulty keyboard with a duff membrane. I hope you bill him correctly for taking the time to test his replacement option. If both keyboards are faulty, offer to supply & fit a new keyboard provided from a bone fide wholesaler.

Nobody can tell a keyboard is faulty until they fit it, don't let his bad buy become your problem - it's his 100%

Styxbound
09-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Don't know if your problem is the same thing, but you are familiar with the standard way to rotate the screen, huh?

Martyn
09-16-2010, 05:05 AM

Is this a faulty keyboard or what do you guys suggest?

Sounds like a faulty keyboard, I had one the other day doing a 180 after a spillage. Like said previously try the old one again to prove it. You know about the keyboard rotation 'feature' in xp? It could be you have activated it?

Itech
09-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Okay thank you,
when i put the original keyboard back in it works fine.

yes im familiar with the how to rotate the screen