PDA

View Full Version : Tips (gratutities)

IcedFalcon
03-04-2008, 04:02 AM
I have had a few home clients offer me a tip. How do you handle these? If I know about the tip before hand I kindly decline and instead had the client a few business cards and ask for his recommendation to others. If say someone hands me a note for more than the invoice I humbly accept and again give out a few business cards.

gunslinger
03-04-2008, 04:24 AM
I accept and give out a few business cards also. Actually I'd say about 40% or so of my customers do tip.

generalj
03-04-2008, 05:01 AM
eww, touchy subject.

Well, If they tip that means they enjoyed your service and willing to give you extra because they feel the value of the service from you.

If you decline, just make sure they understand why you decline. You can say its just company policy and sorry.

If you accept then what re the effects of that?
I don't know to be honest. I mean are they not going to refer you? They not going to use you again? I mean if they want to tip because of value then they would probably like to use you again. But on that note maybe they expect a favor or extra level of service from you now? I am not to sure about this but it may be an interesting topic to discuss.

IcedFalcon
03-04-2008, 05:25 AM
The only times I get tips are usually added on at the end of service, i.e. someones bill is $90 and he gives me a $100 bill. In cases where I don't want to inconvenience the customer by asking them to write another check or give them change I graciously take the tip along with saying in the future the best tip I can get is your recommendation to friends and family.

Bryce W
03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Even though Australia is not a tipping country, I do get them every now and then. It usually happens when I charge a price like $95 and they just give me $100 and say keep the rest.

I accept and thank them. I have never had a client expect anything extra out of me because of it. Although, I do give a little extra phone time to those who do tip, but its never requested or expected.