PDA

View Full Version : Drive Facebook Traffic

NeutronTech
09-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm trying to get more people involved in my Facebook page. I was thinking of offering free support (Q&A) via facebook to entice people. That way I could build a base of customers who check the site and could post promos that reach more people quicker.

Anyone try this? Any thoughts? Any other ideas on driving traffic there?

Xander
09-07-2010, 05:37 AM
I think the harder part would be getting people to your FB page the first time. Once they're there, the rest gets easier.

FB link on your site
FB link in your email sig
If you mass-mail on occasion, directly invite them to "Like" it.

NeutronTech
09-07-2010, 05:39 AM
I think the harder part would be getting people to your FB page the first time. Once they're there, the rest gets easier.

FB link on your site
FB link in your email sig
If you mass-mail on occasion, directly invite them to "Like" it.

I have the first 2. I don't have a large enough email database to make a mass email worth it. I'm going to put the address on my flyers. Your right though, getting them there the first time is the hardest.

154Tech
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Are you asking your customer for their Facebook info? It might seem a bit odd and backwards, but why not "like" them first? It would make it easier for them to "like" you back and would be a roundabout way of possibly making their friends aware of your business.

Xander
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Are you asking your customer for their Facebook info? It might seem a bit odd and backwards, but why not "like" them first? It would make it easier for them to "like" you back and would be a roundabout way of possibly making their friends aware of your business.A business can't "Like" a person, though, only other fan pages. You'd have to befriend them from your personal profile and, even then, hope they'll add your business.

NeutronTech
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
A business can't "Like" a person, though, only other fan pages. You'd have to befriend them from your personal profile and, even then, hope they'll add your business.

I don't want my personal profile involved. I just want to get them to go to my facebook page and "like" it. I have an easy to remember URL for it. I'm just going to make a flyer packet and put it in there. Right now, outside of my office door there is a white board with a table under it. The table has several flyers I've made covering prices, services, etc. I think I'm just going to bundle it all together and staple them. An information packet for potential customers. In there I will include the links.

CPU
09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
A relevant Podcast with a call to action is gold:)

NeutronTech
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
A relevant Podcast with a call to action is gold:)

That may bring traffic, but somehow I doubt it would bring local traffic, which is what I'm looking for. I'm first on google for computer repair in my area and I don't even hardly get any locals on my website. This is yellowpage country up here.

I'm about ready to get a one page ad in the paper and just have the address to my site in the center of a blank page. Peoples curiosity alone should make them wonder what's there.

iptech
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
A relevant Podcast with a call to action is an empty dream:)

I can't wait. :rolleyes:

kmeyntz
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
What I do to encourage people to join my page is I offer free stuff that is related to my news articles, so if I am talking about viruses I would offer to give away a few copy's of a good antivirus program and often they will get you to remove the old program such as Norton. So what you lose in software cost you gain in a service charge and gain a new client.

Xander
09-09-2010, 12:33 AM
A relevant Podcast with a call to action is gold:)Most of my customers don't even know what a podcast is, much less listen to them.

What I do to encourage people to join my page is I offer free stuff that is related to my news articles, so if I am talking about viruses I would offer to give away a few copy's of a good antivirus program and often they will get you to remove the old program such as Norton. So what you lose in software cost you gain in a service charge and gain a new client.This might be the best route: Facebook-centric offers as a hook.

NeutronTech
09-09-2010, 01:25 AM
What I do to encourage people to join my page is I offer free stuff that is related to my news articles, so if I am talking about viruses I would offer to give away a few copy's of a good antivirus program and often they will get you to remove the old program such as Norton. So what you lose in software cost you gain in a service charge and gain a new client.

As of now, I plan on offering special rates for a limited time to facebook fans, or things like that. Even with that, I still don't have a means of getting the message out there. I can plaster it all over my website, but if no one is looking at it, they won't know. I can let my customers know when they come in the shop. But, I'm not reaching new customers that way.

I'm thinking of making a flyer for new customers to give them when the repair is done. The flyer will have a coupon for their next service and something mentioning becoming a fan of my page.

CPU
09-09-2010, 02:15 AM
My bad thought you wanted traffic in general didn't know you just wanted local traffic. podcasts is a huge market plus they are free everyone with an ipod or iphone or ipad seeks them out for free content on the subjects they desire. You offer what they want and you get traffic. If its local you seek then why look to facebook why not an rss feed or list from your site pushed by local advertisement classifieds, craigslist for free or billboards, TV or radio for a fee. But why think small you can support them remotely 9 times out of 10.

NeutronTech
09-09-2010, 05:09 AM
My bad thought you wanted traffic in general didn't know you just wanted local traffic. podcasts is a huge market plus they are free everyone with an ipod or iphone or ipad seeks them out for free content on the subjects they desire. You offer what they want and you get traffic. If its local you seek then why look to facebook why not an rss feed or list from your site pushed by local advertisement classifieds, craigslist for free or billboards, TV or radio for a fee. But why think small you can support them remotely 9 times out of 10.

At this point in time, I'm not interested in doing remote. Maybe down the road, but for now I want face to face work to help build up networking and image. I chose to use Facebook for my social media, hence the title of this thread. I'm not interested in discussing other forms of advertising right now. It's not my only form of advertising anyways. RSS, classified, craigslist, billboards, or tv, etc are not interactive. Besides, I am not listing my business on Craigslist. I know some of the guys here have had some good luck with it, but I'm not even going to mess with it around here. It's not my target audience.

iptech
09-09-2010, 07:03 AM
With users becoming increasingly aware of the risks of allowing remote access to their systems from faceless techs & scamsters alike, don't expect remote support to be 'the next big thing', its scope will be limited by end-users' trust. It's easy to generate a 'market' providing free content, but all you're doing is giving your knowledge away (or in your case other people's knowledge :rolleyes: ) for no return, it's not free as it will cost you. It's not a good business model IMHO.

CPU
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
With users becoming increasingly aware of the risks of allowing remote access to their systems from faceless techs & scamsters alike, don't expect remote support to be 'the next big thing', its scope will be limited by end-users' trust. It's easy to generate a 'market' providing free content, but all you're doing is giving your knowledge away (or in your case other people's knowledge :rolleyes: ) for no return, it's not free as it will cost you. It's not a good business model IMHO.

Don't want to get off topic but remote support is a big part of our services and gives us access to clients all over the world. On the free content it can be general like one on keeping your computer virus free with a call to action being links to the tools discussed in the podcast on the facebook page.

NeutronTech
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
CPU, how far is Warwick from you?

Tag

CPU
09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
40 minutes depending on traffic