PDA

View Full Version : How do you charge in this situation?

vr6rafal
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
You go on a job but the computer needs parts ordered? How do you charge since you have to come back with the parts? Do you charge them twice?

gunslinger
02-29-2008, 08:00 PM
If the computer needs parts most of the time I'll bring it back to the shop with me and take payment in full when the job is done.

Nathan H
02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I do it slightly different from gunslinger, I take payment for parts then and there, no payment no parts ordered (In my early days I had a large order placed then cancelled, I was left with a pile of parts gathering dust- Highend video graphic cards)

I then get payment for labour once the job is complete and the customer is happy.

nonchalant
03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Usually take it away then charge for total time spent later. If the parts cost several hundred dollars I usually ask for at least 50% deposit up front.

gunslinger
03-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Usually take it away then charge for total time spent later. If the parts cost several hundred dollars I usually ask for at least 50% deposit up front.

I do the same if its an expensive part. The thing is they don't touch it once I have finished until the money is in my hand.