PDA

View Full Version : Best kind of laptop ram

dicklaw18
02-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Hello everyone, i just bought a new HP Pavilion dv6700t but i downgraded it to only 1 gb memory since they overcharge so much. Im looking to buy 4gb memory for it but i was wondering, what is the best brand laptop memory?

tartis
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
The best brand in my opinion is Kingston. They are a little pricey, but well worth the money.

Blues
03-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Kingston is one of the cheapest until you get into high speed ram and then I often go with other becuase they are rated for better preformance and cost as much or less then Kingston. I just go to newegg and price it out and see how it is rated and give most a try and any with a bad experience get written on a list of what not to use. The first time I tried G. Skill one of the sticks was bad but the RMA process was simple and the replacements work like they should. I honestly have not had any real problems with any RAM manufacturer. I have only had one DOA stick and then one that just wasn't compatible with my Sony.

gunslinger
03-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I like G. Skill ,Kingston, and Corsair. I have never had any problems with these brands. I'm running 4 gigs of G. Skill PC-6400 on this system right now.