PDA

View Full Version : I am missing my sound driver after a fresh install.Can a driver recovery program help

MMAUY
02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Is there some sort of program or website than can show the drivers im missing and search for them or install them?

gunslinger
02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html this is a link to Unknown Device Identifier. It should help. Also you can look in the device manager and uninstall anything that has a "!" or a "?" then reboot. Drivers can be found at www.driverguide.com

MMAUY
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Sweet thanks Im going to use that one next time, I got it working, that program your suggested should save me some time though.

gunslinger
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Sweet thanks Im going to use that one next time, I got it working, that program your suggested should save me some time though.

No problem. There is also a portable version avilable on this site I think.

generalj
02-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Does not windows update usually search for a lot of hardware drivers as well and install them. I have had sound, video, network etc drivers updated through it. Although I don't prefer them an usually get from the manufacture but if you can get it form there windows update may be able to pull a generic sound driver for you I would think.

nonchalant
02-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Does not windows update usually search for a lot of hardware drivers as well and install them.

Yea it does. Can be quite handy when you have a device your having a problem finding drivers for (brand name PC devices particularly).

seedubya
02-28-2008, 08:56 AM
www.driveragent.com
$29/yr. I've used it 18 times this week so far.......