PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Looking for advice

sweagles
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I really need some help. I'm new to this forum and I'm starting a side business optimizing and cleaning home PC's. Right now I'm not looking to get into anything real heavy with hardware repair or diagnostics and was wondering if anyone had any preference or thoughts of any good utility software that I can use on site that could be used to optimize home PC's & Laptops - e.g checking for the best Windows Optimization configs, registry file cleanups & fixes and other less invasive test to speed up customers computers. I know there is a lot of freeware out there but don't some of these companies offer licenses for business use?

gunslinger
02-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Check out The Computer Repair Utility Kit on this site here is the link http://www.technibble.com/computer-repair-utility-kit/#more-841
Its based off of the p-start program that I introduced to Bryce a few months ago. I would really recommend using portable apps when ever you can and not installing a bunch of programs on a customers PC. They almost never use them or keep them up to date and they end up just using up HDD space and system resources.

sweagles
02-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Gunslinger, thanks. I didn't realize this was on the site. It's more than enough for what I'll be doing.
Thanks again.
Not to sound dumb. But what does the "P" in PStart stand for? Portable???

gunslinger
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Gunslinger, thanks. I didn't realize this was on the site. It's more than enough for what I'll be doing.
Thanks again.
Not to sound dumb. But what does the "P" in PStart stand for? Portable???

I'm actually not sure what it stands for. We'll go with portable :p that sounds right

Nathan H
02-27-2008, 09:21 PM
The "P" in "Pstart" stands for "Pegtop", the company that made it, although "Portable" does sound better.

http://pegtop.net/start/

that's the link to the site, I think you have it already...

sweagles
02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
You should have a naming contest. Thanks again.