PDA

View Full Version : Portable Appliance Testing

Simmy
02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I've just bought a PAT testing training DVD and online exam kit for 75+vat and I'm looking at PAT testing equipment. They're not cheap, starting from around 250 :eek:

Aside from these fairly expensive startup costs, it looks like it will be a good source of income considering businesses are legally required to carry out PAT testing (in the UK at least) and some places charge upto 3.50 per appliance! (that's the highest price i've seen anyway).

Does anyone else on here do PAT testing?

hext
02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
No, but is is something I've been toying with recently even if it's something that my clients never use it would be another "feather in my cap" if it ever come down to me and another company winning a contract..

Let me know how you get on..

*edit* http://www.hampshirepattesting.co.uk/prices.htm -- This seems to be a good start for a price guide

Nathan H
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
If you pass the PAT course and become Qualified, does that mean, you are then able to PAT all goods on your premises such as clients PC's, New Builds, Stock Items such as Surge protectors etc..:rolleyes:

If this is the case, it then gives you a mega advantage over the competition, as part of your PC service for Business Uses, you PAT their equipment as well, My inital thoughts are VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!
:D

Also if the above is true, you have just cut a chunk from your annual overheads.