PDA

View Full Version : Data recovery software

iisjman07
08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you mac people use for data recovery. I've been looking today for something free to let me undelete files, but free data recovery software seems to be non-existent (they all seem to be trials or demos). The only thing I've been able to find it TestDisk and PhotoRec which I already have, but they're limited in what they can do. Do you have any favourite data recovery software I should look into getting/buying?

Martyn
08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Macs never go wrong :p;) seriously though I work with one all the time but don't get involved in repairs. Mac comes with Time Machine and once you add an external drive it gives you backups periodically. I have used it and it works well. It doesn't really address your question though :)

anonymous Mac Tech
08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Disk Warrior is not necessarily data recovery software as it is a strong directory structure repair tool. It is a must have as it can bring an un-mountable disk back to life. For data recovery I like Data Rescue III. Of course these tools are not free. I would like to try R-Studio for Mac since I've heard many Windows techs say good things about it, but just have never had a good enough reason to throw the money towards it yet.