PDA

View Full Version : Network clubs

OfficeITPlus
02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Has anyone joined any of the breakfast business clubs to network with other small business. Are they it worth the membership fees? How about local chamber of Commerce?

I am a Rotarian which has brought in a lot of business but Rotary is about much more than getting new business. The sort of clubs I'm talking about are there purely to get new business.

Tony

seedubya
02-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I have been a member of BNI in my local town. I stayed in for about a year and a half and got lots of new business. However the backbiting and politicking got to me eventually and I left......

Worth a go definitely.

Holzster
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I hate the BNI's because you have to refer people to them only - good most of the time but a few of the people in the group I would not want to refer anyone to!!

Check out if the local chamber has a networking events - that works for me big time - but keep going!

Also - glad to see another Rotarian here!!

Holzster

Favre04
02-27-2008, 05:02 AM
I am currently a member of BNI. The referrals I have received to date have far surpassed my annual dues. BNI for me has been well worth it so far.

I would recommend visiting several different organizations to see if you like the feel/structure of the group.

Joining a professional networking organization can only help. It gets your name out in the community, and the potential to develop long standing business relationships with other community leaders is priceless.

Be prepared to make a commitment to the group you join. Like anything else your results will be determined by the efforts you put in.

hawks5999
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
going to my first bni introductory meeting tomorrow. met with a small business owner today who's business was born out of a relationship in bni. I've heard only good things about it. the person who invited me in said she made back her dues in referrals in 1 month. Definitely worth checking out, I believe.