PDA

View Full Version : Default user, All users

RegEdit
08-22-2010, 05:14 AM
When looking inside "documents and settings", is there ever any critical data inside the "Default user" folder, the "All users" folder, and the "Public" folder that isn't ALREADY inside a main user account folder?

vdub12
08-22-2010, 08:22 AM
I think MCE stores its recoded media in the all users directory.

I always scan them for data when I am backing up a computer.

You never know whats in there and you don't want to return a computer and have grandmas season of 24 missing.

red12049
08-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Kodak uses that location to store your pics. Got us more than once.

Rick

Alan22
08-22-2010, 01:50 PM
When looking inside "documents and settings", is there ever any critical data inside the "Default user" folder, the "All users" folder, and the "Public" folder that isn't ALREADY inside a main user account folder?

Yes.

RegEdit, this isn't intended to insult you - I've read quite a few of your posts and I really think you need alot more training before working on people's computers. Purchase a few books & training videos focusing on the A+ and Desktop Support Technician certifications......and use them.

RegEdit
08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
RegEdit, this isn't intended to insult you - I've read quite a few of your posts and I really think you need alot more training before working on people's computers. Purchase a few books & training videos focusing on the A+ and Desktop Support Technician certifications......and use them.
A + 2006, 2009, MCDST. Done that. My question was out of CURIOSITY. Obviously I back up ALL of documents and settings and select folders from just inside drive C, if I don't just outright clone the whole drive.