PDA

View Full Version : Business Card Placement

geekhelp4u
02-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I have found that I get a few clients simply by leaving my business cards on the wall at the bathroom at a bar or club. I still advise asking management for permission before you do this, but the cost of a few business cards that are used for advertising on a single night is cheap. I usually put about 3 up, and as the night goes by and i go the the bathroom, i check to see if they are there or gone... if they are gone, ill put a few more up!

Anyone else do anything similar that seems to help out?

gunslinger
02-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I do the same thing at the gym where I work out. I also give some of my cards out to my stepdaughter and stepsons friends to take to their parents. This has got me quite a bit of business. My wife is a school teacher, so I load her up with cards to take to all of her fellow teachers. Although this is a bit shady, I'll also do the occasional walk through of Staples office supply and hand out my cards to some of the customers there.

Nathan H
02-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi I do thing similar too.

When my kids have birthday parties, I include a business card with each invitation.

At Christmas or for friends & families birthdays I include a business card with their cards. - this has proven highly successfull, usually I get about 5 - 6 jobs a month from this, not to mention they tell their friends etc..

I also go to my local libraries and insert a leaflet in every PC Repair book I can Find, I usually do this every 3 months or so, I figure if they are reading the book then they need help why not mine? - not highly successfull, but i get the odd call which turns in to a customer for life.

I have a left a few leaflets with a few local businesses, The deal is if I get a customer form a leaflet from them, the gat a discount next time they need my services, - this has only been successfull twice but i have only been doing it for 2 months.

At my kids school open evening I give the teachers a Business Card.

I have found, the best thing is to give a happy customer a few Business Cards with their Ref No on the back, so they can pass them on, I offer a discount for each new customer they send me and a free service for every 8 new customers.