PDA

View Full Version : is anybody currently using instant house call?

marcink99
08-18-2010, 04:48 AM
if yes how good stable is it? how would you compare it to logmein rescue?

I searched but did't find anything on the current version of instant house call

Xander
08-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Didn't your other thread (http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19324) today tell you to use the Search? (Szukaj!)

I believe this has been covered.

MobileTechie
08-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm using it but I'm not convinced. I won it in the TN competition but even though it's free, I'm not sure I can go on using it since it causes me so much hassle.

I find it freezes pretty regularly and so needs clients to reattach. It seems very slow compared to a logmein trial I used. The screen blanking doesn't work 100% of the time and asks the client whether he wants to agree to it, if he doesn't then it's not obvious it hasn't worked. I don't like that.

But what else to use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg....I guess that is why there are so many threads on this subject.

Instant Housecall - Corey
08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi MobileTechie,

If you're having difficulty using the service, please e-mail me with your phone number and I'd be happy to get the issue resolved for you.

As you've pointed out, the current version asks the end-user to give permission to blank their screen -- the idea is to make sure that your customer was comfortable.

We've had a few other techs give us similar feedback and we're working on changing the screen blanking to accomodate both parties. You should see that new feature in the next release.

Corey.

MobileTechie
08-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi Corey

I will say that the support is excellent and you guys always respond and within a short time.

I will get in touch but I'm struggling to see that it's specific to me since it all happens on several computers, at different locations.

08-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi MobileTechie,

I appreciate the kind words. Support is an important part of the equation. Making sure that everything is working for you exactly as you and your customers expect is equally important.

We're doing some server upgrades over the weekend, and a brand new version of Instant Housecall is scheduled to be released soon.

Drop me a e-mail or give me a call at your convenience and we'll get everything sorted for you.

marcink99
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi MobileTechie,

I appreciate the kind words. Support is an important part of the equation. Making sure that everything is working for you exactly as you and your customers expect is equally important.

We're doing some server upgrades over the weekend, and a brand new version of Instant Housecall is scheduled to be released soon.

Drop me a e-mail or give me a call at your convenience and we'll get everything sorted for you.

When do you expect to release a new version?.

ClickRight
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
When do you expect to release a new version?.

Any update on this? The screen blanking is an issue for me, and since my subscription is up soon, I'm evaluating other remote support programs. If the issue is not resolved soon, I will have to find another provider.

10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Any update on this? The screen blanking is an issue for me, and since my subscription is up soon, I'm evaluating other remote support programs. If the issue is not resolved soon, I will have to find another provider.

Hi Ben,

The new screen blanking feature is available now in the beta. Please call me at 1-888-838-4050 and we'll get it set up for you.

Corey.