PDA

View Full Version : Charging Structure

WireComputers
02-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi,

As you may know from my 'intro' thread, I'm new to commercial PC repairs, although I have been repairing computers in various capacities for a number of years.

I'd appreciate your opinions on the pricing structure I have devised, and in particular the flat rate solutions and special offers I am planning to offer.

The details can be found here http://www.wirecomputers.co.uk/repair.html

Many Thanks,

hawks5999
02-18-2008, 04:49 AM
I see you are including VAT of 17.5% in your rates... I'd see if you can get higher rates. Make it worth your while.

Nathan H
02-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes I'd have to agree with Hawks5999, your prices seem very low for the commercial market, I'd consider raising them.

However if your planning on entering the Home user market, I think your prices are very fair.

One thing I would like to point out, Charging a flat, although easy for our accounts and for our customers to understand, it does have one major draw back.

E.G. you arrive on site to do A supply & Install AVG, your set price is 29.95, not bad, but then you get there, and you find out your customer is running on 128mb ram, a Pentium 2 processor and there Internet connection is dial-up, so the less than 1 hour has gone out of the window, To overcome this a little I have AVG update file on a USB memory stick, which I update weekly, it save a lot of time in these situations in addition to that I also have created Windows update CD's for both office packages and O/S's

I use a program called Offline Update which can be found here

http://www.technibble.com/repair-tool-of-the-week-offline-update/#more-925

In addition as a little extra to make you stand out from the crowd, on your new PC set deals, you could take away the packaging & old PC's from you customers house, I do this and if I retail a refurbished or 2nd Hand PC I use this packaging - it gives a good impression.:)

acs
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Here in Wales , for home customers I charge 22 for the first hour on site ( minimum charge) and then 18 per hour. A full reformat , reinstall and data back up would be 50 if PC taken back to my workshop. No VAT on these prices.
I have not increased these prices since starting a few years ago. How do these compare with others in the UK

WireComputers
02-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for all of your feedback so far. :)

Apologies, it would seem that I was a little confusing with my terminology, by commercial I was referring to the fact that I am looking to build a business around my repair services and ultimately generate a small income from them. I am, in actual fact, primarily targetting the home user market.

I do actually have a selection of USB memory sticks, which I load monthly with a selection of updates for most of the software packages I regularly support.