PDA

View Full Version : Parts store for computers?

Star6966
08-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any kind of auto parts equivlent for computers.

The kind of store where you would buy the parts average joe wouldn't go get

If you guys know about anything like that, it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Erik

Peaceful
08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I use CompUSA for stuff I need right now on the spot. Although retail, their prices are very comparable to Newegg. They have a business account department that would save on sales tax, but my experience with that was not too good. That, however was before Tiger Direct took the reins so maybe even that has improved.

lgtechcomputers
08-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I use CompUSA for stuff I need right now on the spot. Although retail, their prices are very comparable to Newegg. They have a business account department that would save on sales tax, but my experience with that was not too good. That, however was before Tiger Direct took the reins so maybe even that has improved.

Hmmm - how do you 'save' on sales tax? :rolleyes: You have to pay it up front or later.

Back on topic...
I generally stick to newegg and amazon but sometimes also use zipzoomfly, chiefvalue, microcenter, monoprice and mwave.

myPCTechs
08-10-2010, 05:24 AM
I would say that 99% of our parts come from Newegg, Fry's Electronics and Staples - in that order. Staples is nice for common components that we need right away (like hard drives). Fry's Electronics can handle most everything else and Newegg - don't they carry everything? lol.

MrUnknown
08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Hmmm - how do you 'save' on sales tax? :rolleyes: You have to pay it up front or later.

Reseller certificate allows you to purchase things for resale without paying sales tax on it yourself. When you resell it, your customer pays the sales tax, and not you. That is how you save.

PR Tech
08-10-2010, 07:13 AM
NewEgg, TigerDirect, Staples. Evertek as well, but be very careful on what you purchase from them. Prices are great, but I get duds every so often and have to deal with returns. Use eBay for unique 1 and 2 offs.

Bobbing
08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
The local parts store around here also serves the USA

http://www.ncixus.com/