PDA

View Full Version : New Logo - Part 2

TLE
08-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Well after the appalling designs I was getting from 1 company I decided to splash out and try 99 designs out. I remembered Bryce did a write up on this, so thought I would give it a go.

I wrote my brief and decided to go for the basic package which has a prize of $200. Check out the entries - http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/professional-mobile-computer-repair-service-requires-logo-50375

I would love to hear your thoughts on the designs.

Numbers 1, 5, 6 and 11 are my favourites so far.

1 and 6 - I like the designs but feel that the circuit board design will be lost on most people. It isn't instantly recognizable as a PC repair company.

5 - Like the concept of the mouse, but most people have said what the relevance of a car. They don't seem to instantly recognize it as a mouse.

11 - Love the design, but I am wondering if it looks a little simple.

DarDar
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
i would go with 1. it would work well on a business card and in black and white which is important for invoices etc. Looks a bit more "dynamic" than 6 to me too.

I agree on the car comment about 5.

callthatgirl
08-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I actually did like the car one lol.

Hard for me to say, I don't dig the stethescope (sp) ones, mostly because I don't think we are Doctors as much as therapists.

:p

#1 is my fav. #9 close second.

kagman
08-09-2010, 02:22 AM
I like 13 and 14. :)

Martyn
08-09-2010, 08:05 AM
1 for me but some good ones there.

TLE
08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, there are still a couple more days to go before I have to make a decision, and a few more entries have been added today.

I like the car\mouse one too Callthatgirl, but to many people have said "why is there a car in it". I asked him to make it a little more like a mouse, so he has added a cable now in number 15. The first thing I thought was snowplough..lol

I really like 14 and 15, but I wonder if this limits the image to be only associated with PC's, you never really know the direction business will take in the future.

This leaves me with the generic circuit board type logos, the only issue I have with these is will people associate the image with the business.

Decisions decisions :confused:

Martyn
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I like 15 but in think you should drop the home bit unless that is all you want to stay with? Just having IT Solutions gives you the choice of taking the business or not. A friend of mine who is an entrepreneur said it is better to get offered the business than to not to. I looked at putting 'I' on my website instead of 'we' and he gave me that reason to not exclude people or companies.

TLE
08-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks Martyn, I had considered that, but since I have no intention of going full time with this I decided to keep the 'Home' in there as that is where my target audience is. I don't really deal with businesses as they more often than not require IT services when I can't supply it. If I was to ever go full time, then a re-branding will indeed be required.

Martyn
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Sorry didn't realise you were part time. If you get the vector version of the logo then you can make changes yourself later on. That's what I did and I create all my adverts, stationary etc from the orginal design.

IncrediblePCSolutions
08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I like #21. Has the clean IT look to it imo. Good luck!

TLE
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah I like #21 one as well, I have asked if he can do it orange so that it suits my site.

I could never produce anything like them, I am somewhat graphically challenged :D

MrUnknown
08-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't like number 21 because it looks like a shopping cart.

Personally I prefer 18 which can be altered to many color designs (as the submitter has shown) and is fairly generic so it won't limit what you do in the future.

my second fav is #25. I have a thing for incredibly simple logos. A very simple, bold black and white logo can give a very serious professional and authoritive image. It also reminds me of the Hitman logo which I absolutely love.

TLE
08-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I am going to start whittling down the designs this evening and reject the ones that don't have a chance.

Decisions Decisions :confused:

TLE
08-12-2010, 01:32 AM
I started eliminating designs and was close to choosing my final 8 and a whole load more have now arrived. Time for bed as it's 1.30am, will review again in the morning.

Feel free to comment on the designs in the mean time.:D

TLE
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I have selected my favourite 8 designs...

You can vote for the design which you like Here (http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/professional-mobile-computer-repair-service-requires-logo-50375/poll/1?utm_source=voting_app&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=voting).

Martyn
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Some nice designs there. I've voted.:)

Cybjun
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Voted...I was looking at 99designs to get a new logo for my company. and judging from your results I think I'm going give them a try.

TLE
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
It was very good, but very daunting. Initially it was just a few here and there, and then all of a sudden, a whole load came through. I am pleased with the results though.