PDA

View Full Version : Geed Squad ruins our image even more

kaspiahn
02-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm sure many of you have read or heard this. But here's the story for those who have not.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9062621&pageNumber=1

I can't believe the nerve of these guys treating customers like this. It boggles my mind why this happens in such a competitive field. In my small town there are at least 5 PC repair shops to choose from. Not to mention the friend of a friend who knows a guy that works on computers.

These guys are making us all look like crooks. :mad:

thecoldone06
02-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Geek Squad is so big and does so many different things that they don't really need to care about individual customers. Being teemed with Best Buy, they get so much warranty work just from people buying merchandise at Best Buy that if they piss of a customer there are 100 more where that came from. I think thats where their problems stems from. On the other hand you have us techs that really do care about the customer yet people have their Geek Squad image in their head and judge all techs in the same manner.

nonchalant
02-19-2008, 10:20 AM
They lost it..hilarious.. :p

And six weeks they told her to fix it eh? How long did it take to build the Titanic?

dracken
02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes that is horrible customer service. At our repair shop we have to fix mistakes made by the geek squad all of the time on customers machines.

$54 million is a little much though, it is not like they lost her pants (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070612212158.uzvclhi3&show_article=1) or something.

gunslinger
02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I think the reason people sue for extream amounts like that are : they think if they walk in to court with a figure like that the business will settle out of court for a lesser amount. So its almost sure money.

Blues
02-20-2008, 03:04 PM
If you read the article she didn't ask for anything rediculous at first it was all very reasonable. She is claiming that the reason it has come to this is that they might wake up to the problem when it cost them an amount that actually effects thier wallets. Im not sayin that this is true but it does make sense.