PDA

View Full Version : Bni

4ycr
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I have just been asked to go to one of these meetings and wondered if anyone else is/was a member and what they thought of it. It's pricy at almost 600 but as they say if you make a lot out of it then it will be cheap

angry_geek
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
It's worth it for me. I have made a lot of money and referrals from BNI and a similar local group. However, that is about 3 times what it runs here! Wow!!

callthatgirl
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I've already posted my BNI thoughts in the past here, but for those that are just starting out, it's maybe a good idea. I don't like much BNI because I don't like having to do the following:

Be up at 7am for the meetings
Listen to the same long winded elevator talk from every member, every month
Refer out strangers, some who I may not like
Follow rules
Find people to replace me if I cannot show up
Follow rules

It's not that expensive here, around $300, but for me I can a lot more with that money and follow fewer rules. It does work though for some.

sedigital
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
There was a group of about 20 or so business out here that formed a local chapter and it folded within 6 months... I don't know if it accomplished much.

iptech
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I have just been asked to go to one of these meetings and wondered if anyone else is/was a member and what they thought of it. It's pricy at almost 600 but as they say if you make a lot out of it then it will be cheap
I wonder why they asked you along? :rolleyes:

I'd want to know what my 600 was going to be spent on before I passed on a single penny.