PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service versus Partnership

MrMille
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi, I am looking to poll/test a concept in Shared Services space...not BPO, but internal Shared Services.

I believe, partnership would yield better results than the proverbial Customer Service...

Any thoughts?

hawks5999
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Can you expand on what you mean?

If I understand you right, I've been in on one opportunity where something like this was discussed. Our client was a manufacturer/distribution of a specialized routing device. We provided IT support services to the company but began to work on a model where we would provide installation/configuration services to their clients for their products and ongoing support as well. It's still in the negotiation phase. Is this what you have in mind?

seedubya
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Could you clarify the question please? You seem to be saying that you'd like to partner with a client, perhaps being rewarded based on performance/targets as opposed to hours spent working.... Something like we'll deliver you an X saving on your IT costs for x/2. Is that it?

MrMille
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi,

apologies for the lack of clarity: my question really relates to Shared Services Center relationship with their customer (only that the customer and the SSC are part of one and the same company)...
In my opinion if the relationship was based more on partnership than on customer/service provider basis the two would work much better together.