PDA

View Full Version : David R.

david riley
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I have windows xp pro and i wanted to email some pictures from my windows my picture folder but I would need to change my default email acct. I went to internet properties, then to programs to attempt to change to yahoo but there are only 2 choices available. Outlook express and windows live mail. When I tried to change by highlighting and typing in yahoo nothing happened. Can anyone tell me how to change this?

generalj
02-01-2008, 01:48 AM
I am pretty sure you can't change the default mail client in internet explorer to using yahoo. outlook and windows mail are software email clients installed locally on the computer and yahoo is "web based" email. Unless you have someone who really knows how to do some scripting and programming that is not somehting you will be able to do. You are going to have to log onto you yahoo account and maually add the things you want to send in it.

BTW. I use thunderbird web browser with a plugin you can google called WebMail and you can use thunderbird as your "all in one" email program to go out and get your yahoo, gmail, hotmail, and more web based emails. You kind of need to know what you are doing to set it up properly. You can run the risk of losing your emails with thunderbird if you don't know what you are doing though. ie. if you have thunderbird delete emails on the web email server when it downloads them then your hard drive crashes or you format etc.