PDA

View Full Version : Dell Dimension 5150 Flashing Power Light....don't let it stump me!

speedy280t
01-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi folks! I have the classic blinking power light on my Dell 5150. I've read many posts on this and it has been a tremendous help. Here's my situation: We had a power outage at home and when power was restored, the flashing light problem began. After trying many things suggested here, I found that replacing the 3V battery enabled the computer to power up and function correctly. It has worked fine all day (allowing my wife and kids to back up everything). I wasn't convinced that it was fixed so I did a power down from the pc itself. As soon as I tried to power it back up, the same flashing light issue occurs. I can remove the 3V battery and put it back in (w/ AC power removed) and it will power up fine every time. As soon as I shut the computer off, either by the menu, or physically unplugging it....it goes right back to the flashing light. I've tried a different power source (removing the surge protector from the picture) but the same results. I'm hoping I have given enough info and that someone who knows more than I (which ain't much) can help.........please? Thanks!

focuz
01-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Is it flashing green or amber? Check the lights on the back or front. should be 4 of them. Are they green or they amber? which lights are green and which are amber.

speedy280t
01-28-2008, 03:35 AM
The power light flashes amber. The 4 lights ( the numbers 1 - 4 on the front) do not illuminate when the problem occurs.