PDA

View Full Version : New Website

vr6rafal
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.newjerseycomputerservice.com

Its not finished yet, 75% done. Need input from users on any suggested changes!! Thanks!!

Thedog
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
URL doesn't work... fix that first :)

XTS-J
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm not a web designer but that seems like a overload of text in the middle.It's like a wall of text .

Alan22
07-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I like the layout, but information overload. Seems like you're trying to fit every keyword related to computer services and the area you service on the home page, plus a separate page for every service you offer. Seems like keeping it simple was not a consideration when building the site.

I like the pictures rotating on the home page, but I think that should be more of an intro that can be skipped and the information below it being the next landing page. Not all the information, but the section below the Office banner and above the scrolling logos. To me that would be a nice looking home page.

Guaranteed 48 Hours Turn-Around-Time Computer Repairs
We'll guarantee most in-store & pick-up computer repairs will be completed within 48 hours. Some restrictions apply.
As a customer of any business I don't care about a guarantee on most repairs, I only care about my repair. Also, I can't find the restrictions anywhere. What are the restrictions?

Click here to find out if you're eligible for FREE Windows 7 upgrade and how to receive it!
The page you link to does not have that kind of information.

I know you said the site is 75% complete. Just want to mention that some of the default template text and links are on the bottom of some of the pages.

donnakamla
07-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Ok this is just a suggestion and you're free to take or leave it. How about making your home page a summary or heading only page, with teaser text under newspaper style headlines linking to 'more information' about services here.... Distill the information (for each service or paragraph or benefit you provide) into a seven words or less summary or header. Add some teaser text under it then link it to another page where you can put the rest.

Remember clients live in a rush rush world, they will immediately hit the back button if you present them with so much info..

Pc Fixed Right
07-02-2010, 12:29 AM
I like it. As far as information overload most people probably wont read it anyway they will just call you.

shill
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
The top looks nice, but when I scrolled down my brain almost burnt out! There is way to much going on. It's not necessarily information overload, just add a few more pages and move the content! It's to much for one page.

ProTech Support
07-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I did not do a full review of the site, I will leave that for later. On a quick glance though, there is just a bit too much going on for me on the home page.

PDG Technologies
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Agreed. Too busy on front page
BUT

What you have to remember is most visitors want to be able to find the information they want easily and fast. Your front page, is the front door of your new e-home. Make it welcoming. It is their first impression of you.

cdbrehm
07-24-2010, 02:06 AM
As others have mentioned, it's cluttered and the text seems disorganized, could use more paragraphing, but that's something I'm sure you'll work out when it's competed. The rotating banner is big but excellent. Nice.

$124 for a DC jack repair? That's a great deal.

$100 for laptop LCD replacement? This about floored me. How I'd love to know your source for LCD replacements ;) You get them directly from China? Local supplier in New Jersy? The $100 includes the labor? How is this possible?

Morrison5891
07-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Wow ... way too much info on the home page